1) which UBoot-flash-image did you use?
2) you can control in which mode you want to boot as long as it is blinking slowly.
just push the power button.
1 blink -> hddrootfs, use /boot/vmlinux.UBoot
2 blinks -> kernel from firmimg.bin, hddrootfs
3 blinks -> EM Mode
info is from http://www.linuxnotincluded.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/linkstation/u-bootinstall.html
search for "blinks"
if you flashed the firmimg.bin above then you should
use the 2 blink mode....it should boot to 22.214.171.124 + hddrootfs.
if something does not work you can do the following:
1) try to get into EM Mode (with the 3 blinks..caution, EM Mode means 192.168.11.150)
2) login as root by hitting enter,
3) mounting the hdd by executing "mount_disk",
4) connect via ftp to the LS (user: operator, pass: operator),
5) create the directory /mnt/hda1/boot if it isn`t already existing
6) transfer the vmlinux.UBoot of your choice to /mnt/hda1/boot/
7) reboot the box, choose one blink mode
8) boot to hddrootfs + kernel in /boot
but normaly you do not need this extra hdd-kernel to start as it should fallback to the flash kernel if no kernel is there.
LS1 (2.6 kernel, foonas svn1062, 750 GB, UBoot 1.2) & LS Pro (FreeLink/jtymod/GenLink, changes all the time)Thx to all donators!