andre, that helps a lot ...
1. the default 150 ip is a good idea ... I'd missed that ...
2. also, I'll tweak fstab based on what you said regarding checking the rootfs ...
3. I do have fix_ext2_magic included ... sitting at /usr/local/sbin IIRC
4. Does this part below require a 2.6 kernel (like udev?)? In particular the iface eth0:1 inet dhcp
# LS standard address
iface eth0 inet static
# default dynamic setup (no adjustment necessary)
iface eth0:1 inet dhcp
I'm guessing there is something superior about dhcpd vs dhcpclient?
5. I'm also having a look at /dev and nodes ... I want to make sure everything is populated in such a way that it will work w/ the older and newer kernels, and with udev.
If possible I'd like to build the tarballs so that udev is not included... since this is something that needs to be able to run in both 2.4 and 2.6, I want to minimize the footprint, too.
mmmm there is still some problem. With this setup I have two IP bind to the eth0 interface. And the kuro responds to "ping 'hostname'" only on the static IP.... Because of that you can't access to the Kuro via hostname , but only with the IP