Help ! Help! Thank you!!
I follow your instruction step by step install the Debain Wheezy PPC tarball to my Linkstation HD-HGLAN, but can not boot and login successfully!
1. The booting stop at "Adding 1068316k swap on /dev/sda2. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:1068316k"
2. My Linkstation HD-HGLAN is IDE bus type HDD or the device drvier should be HDx not SDx
3. U-boot version is 1.2.0
4. Debian Etch installed and worked successful, but using APT upgrade to Lenny can't booting..
From netcat information:
U-Boot 1.2.0 (Apr 10 2007 - 19:13:32) LinkStation HG / KuroBox HG
stdin : nc
IDE: Bus 0: OK
Device 0: Model: HDS722516VLAT80 Firm: V34OA6MA Ser#: VN643ECDDXSXPD
Type: Hard Disk
Supports 48-bit addressing
Capacity: 157065.8 MB = 153.3 GB (321670847 x 512)
Boot in 01 seconds ('s' to stop)...
3247994 bytes read
2411 bytes read
## Booting image at 00800000 ...
Image Name: Linux-3.4.0
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 3247930 Bytes = 3.1 MB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
Booting using flat device tree at 0x7f0000
Adding 1068316k swap on /dev/sda2. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:1068316k
Hint if someone have the same issue:
* Connect via telnet ( Foonas-EM) to the LS
* delete, create and format the 3 Partitions ( sda1 and sda3 = ext3 // sda2 as swap )
* create a mountdir e.g. hd3 in /root and mount sda3 to hd3
* check in another PC via 7zip or Linux what is the UUID in the archiv (start with 2........)
* create a mountdir with the same name as the UUID and mount sda1 into this one
-- now we have in e.g. /root the subfolder hd3 and the long one starting with 2.....
* go into hd3 (cd hd3)
* load the tgz via wget [ wget ftp://
<ip of your ftp-Server>/Kuro.....tgz ]
* extract the file with tar -xzvf <Name of the archiv> -C /root
--> tar does not create the subfolder with the UUID because it exist and all folder, files, links are avaialble after time in / from sda1
If yo have make a mistake with the long subfolder ( No. of the UUID) tar stopped after time with an errormsg. of low memory