Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:57 pm 
Total Newbie

Hey,

LS-VL owner here and ultimately linux noob!

followed this https://couchpota.to/forum/thread-1046-post-5946.html#pid5946 guide as soon as i got the VL 3 days ago.... all went smoothly (albeit with some editing from me!)

After all of the tutorial had been followed i started to notice that my win machine could not see some files or folders on the VL. Checking with my partners linux laptop... she could see all the files and folders.

That evening i installed transmission, turned off utorrent and set up 7-8 torrents to download over night. Before going to sleep, i accidentaly turned the router off, but quickly powered it back on. When check transmission via my phone, it said it had some errors (not enough space even though it was a fresh 3tb drive) so in a man-rage i turned the NAS off via the wall socket and went to bed.

When i awoke the next morning... The NAS could no longer be seen at all on the network by either the win box or the linux box.

Over the last couple of days i have managed to put the NAS in EM Mode, reflash the shonk firmware, with force, user and repartition all selected in the installer....

The NAS can be seen again and functions properly.... but i can only access it via telnet at present.... SSH gives me a Connection Refused Error.

Any help would be great guys

Win 8 AMD based pc
Ubuntu based Acer Laptop
LS-VL 3tb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 am 

Tired of reading the forum post of Shonk in his firmware thread,
explaining what to do to get SSH? ;)
How about looking into /etc/melco/info ?

If there is no verified backup of a dataset, the dataset, by definition, is unimportant. (c't 2012)

RAID (no matter which level) never ever substitutes a backup. (me)