Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:34 am 
Total Newbie

I installed Debian Squeeze on my LS-QVL by following the guide http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Debian_Squeeze_on_%27V%27_and_%27X%27_Series_(LS-WXL_and_others). It now running kernel from original Buffalo firmware and blstools is intalled.

After the installation I had reboot cycle issue http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=25759. However, I played with the power mode switch and got the device to boot successfully. When it is in manual mode the device can't start successfully and it is in endless reboot cycle. I tried even unplugging the power cable without any help. Next start and it is in reboot cycle. When I put it to auto mode the device comes up successfully and I can do what I need. When in auto mode it then starts automatically if I try to shutdown the device (shutdown -h now) which doesn't surprise me that much.

I haven't tried yet how auto mode works when there isn't any Buffalo software in the network to keep it running. Is the auto mode supposed to work with Debian as it behaves with stock Buffalo firmware?

How is the power mode switch supposed/known to work with LS-QVL and Debian Squeeze? I would like to keep it in manual mode so I could then manually start and stop the device when I need to. Is it possible?

To explain my problem shortly:
manual mode: device unavailable, endless reboot cycle
auto mode: device available, impossible to shutdown because of automatic reboot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:31 pm 
Total Newbie

Modify /etc/init.d/lsmonitor to suit your needs. It's the reason to halt your NAS

Code:
                # Terminate when in OFF state
                if [ $ON -eq 0 ] ; then
                        break
                fi