Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 pm 

This is how i managed to get ls-vl working as ps3 multiman server. download ps3netsrv.c from http://bit.ly/AwJTd9 then create the folder on you ls name whatever you want and put the file inside. ssh to you ls then;

#ipkg install gcc
#mkdir /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib_disabled
#mv /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/libpthread* /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib_disabled
#cp /lib/libpthread.so.0 /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/
#cd /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/
#ln -s libpthread.so.0 libpthread.so
#ln -s libpthread.so.0 libpthread-2.5.so

Enter the directory you crated and put the ps3netsrv.c

#gcc -Wall -lpthread ps3netsrv.c -o ps3netsrv
#./ps3netsrv -d -u admin -p 38008 /mnt/disk1/share/

After that it seems nothing hapens but it actually works. Just set the server ip and port 38008 under multiman and viola your files are there. That way you can watch movies listen music and even play games over network :)

i used (./ps3netsrv -d -u admin -p 38008 /mnt/disk1/share/bittorrent/) command to share my
bittorrent download folder on Linkstation and it worked, but i only be able to see it under
the file manager on Multiman cant see anything under video or picture tabs. I beleive i need
to figure out seperate folder structures like aldo's gui make and move specific file types
on their folders. Im planning to make some gui like aldo's that can work as a service for
linkstation, like the Transmission client or Twonkyserver you will be able to reach it via
web frontend and select folders you want to share, start, stop etc. Anyone think the task
can be done?

By the way im sharing my precompiled [url="http://www.MegaShare.com/4113443"]ps3netsrv[/url]
file for Buffalo Linkstation LS-VL with you, it may be used for testing on another nases.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 am 

I also made a sh script and added it to extensions.d for autostarting during the startup by doing...

Quote:
vi ps3netsrv.sh
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/disk1/share/ps3netsrv/ps3netsrv -d -u admin -p 38008 /mnt/disk1/share/
:wq
chmod 755 ps3netsrv.sh
ln -s /mnt/disk1/share/ps3netsrv/ps3netsrv.sh /etc/rc.d/extensions.d/S99ps3netsrv

Video, Music and Retro tabs are all working now. You should create folders under your share folder like that..

Quote:
BDISO
DVDISO
GAMES
MUSIC
PICTURE
PKG
PS2ISO
PS3ISO
PSPISO
PSXISO
ROMS
VIDEO

The showtime player also started to see my twonkysever, thats interesting because twonky is using completely different port. I tried to play psp cso under the retro tab and it copied automatically over network and extracted, but when i try to load it gave me cobra-usb required message. Plays music without problem, can copy files to ps3 but cant copy files from ps3 to nas. any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 am 

Hi erhanpurple,

I tried to donwload your precompiled package from megashare but it the link does not work anymore. By the way is there any progress on trying to play psp iso games over the network ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi there,
My question is to erhanpurple. I have recently installed ubuntu and been getting myself familiar with it. Based on your post, I understand you can use NAS LinkStation with multiman to play PS3 games, in addition to play movies and music. I'm currently interested in playing PS3 games off of the NAS. So, I'm trying to set my NAS LinkStation as PS3 multiman server as you suggested. Since, I'm a newbie, could you please show me step by step how to do it!? The code you have written, should i type it in the terminal? and how do i ssh to my linkstation?

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me mate!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 pm 

you need to learn how to access your linkstation via ssh and using command line, search the forums first my friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 am 
Total Newbie

I know I'm bumping an old thread....

Now that cobra has finally open sourced their code and deank has updated and released the source for ps3netsrv, how can we compile this as the source code is in a .h and .cop format?