Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 2731
Raid1 is factory defrault.
load factory presets with the webif


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm
Posts: 13
good morning, fistival thank you for helping me,

I'm with transmission problem, i tryed to rollback to 1.69 but didn't work.. do i need to do a factory reset? what can i do to try to find whats wrong with my nas? looking for logs, manual install of transmission or full reset..

how do i proceed?

thank you guys!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 2731
Quote:
do i need to do a factory reset


this is the first step to repair your nas


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:37 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm
Posts: 13
oxygen8 wrote:
Quote:
do i need to do a factory reset


this is the first step to repair your nas


i just did, reflash the firmware but transmission still now working.

what is the next step? do i need to erase the NAS or can i keep my files?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:22 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm
Posts: 13
i tryed the old version,

Name:
LS-WVL656
Firmware version:
1.69-Mapuo
(DTCP-IP:1.65-20130731)
IP Address1:
192.168.25.92
Workgroup:
WORKGROUP
Storage:
Disk 1: 1382.7 GB / 1382.7 GB (100.0 %)
Disk 2: 784.7 GB / 917.1 GB (85.6 %)
New Firmware Available!
A new version of the firmware has been released.
The current firmware can be updated to the latest version.

and still, transmission doen't work.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 2731
disable transmission on the webif
delete the folder transmission on share
start transmission again


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:32 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm
Posts: 13
thank you!

it worked!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:09 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 12:58 pm
Posts: 5
I have a LS-CHL v2 and have just installed 1.71-Halloween
My primary reason for this was to use a better torrent client . . .
but I am having some problems with Transmission.

I have cleared my browser cache, factory default reset the Linkstation.
Going in and enabling Transmission (stable 2.77) and then loading the download manager works fine.
But as soon as I add a torrent a window pops up stating "connection failed - could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect."
Reloading the page gives me a message "This site cannot be reached"

Only way to get things back is to initialize transmission settings and delete the transmission folder from the linkstation but then the entire cycle repeats itself.
Same if I switch to using Transmission 2.84

What do I need to do to get Transmission working here?
Is the utorrent implementation in this firmware better than that included by buffalo (i.e will it not kill my NAS)?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:23 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 12:58 pm
Posts: 5
one further issue that has arisen with your firmware is that ftp does not seem to work.
No matter the setting I am receiving "connection refused" messages. Reverting to stock firmware and ftp works right off again.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 2731
the try the stock fw and install transmission with my howto

http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/transmission-auf-der-linkstation-live-und-pro-ls-chlv2-ls-xhl-ls-vl-mit-rotem-webinterface-t749.html


but can you load this torrent?
http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/torrents/KNOPPIX_V7.2.0CD-2013-06-16-EN.torrent


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:22 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 12:58 pm
Posts: 5
oxygen8 wrote:


actually, the ftp problem was my mistake. I forgot about the setting under "network" that needs to be re-enabled after a factory reset.

Still having trouble with transmission (even with the torrent you linked)
These are my settings
Image

and this is what I get shortly after adding the torrent
Image

reloading the page gives connection refused message


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:09 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 2731
disable transmission
with ssh use
Quote:
chmod -R 777 /mnt/disk1/share/transmission

enable transmission


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:47 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:43 pm
Posts: 14
farcus wrote:
I have a LS-CHL v2 and have just installed 1.71-Halloween
My primary reason for this was to use a better torrent client . . .
but I am having some problems with Transmission.

I have cleared my browser cache, factory default reset the Linkstation.
Going in and enabling Transmission (stable 2.77) and then loading the download manager works fine.
But as soon as I add a torrent a window pops up stating "connection failed - could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect."
Reloading the page gives me a message "This site cannot be reached"

Only way to get things back is to initialize transmission settings and delete the transmission folder from the linkstation but then the entire cycle repeats itself.
Same if I switch to using Transmission 2.84

What do I need to do to get Transmission working here?
Is the utorrent implementation in this firmware better than that included by buffalo (i.e will it not kill my NAS)?


I tried Transmission for the first time thinking it is the better client too but ran into the same problems as you. Also tried latest and stable version.

I didn't go as far as deleting the Transmission folder because I set it to download to the bitorrent folder that uTorrent uses.

I'm back on the uTorrent that comes with Halloween.

The only issue I've had with uTorrent on stock and Halloween is that sometimes the client simply becomes unresponsive and I'd have to reinitialize settings to restart it (thereby losing the torrents I've been seeding).


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:18 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 12:58 pm
Posts: 5
oxygen8 wrote:
disable transmission
with ssh use
Quote:
chmod -R 777 /mnt/disk1/share/transmission

enable transmission


Thanks . . . but I may need some help here.
I have enabled ssh in network > settings on the linkstation but I keep getting connection refused.
running this command
Code:
ssh -p 2222 root@192.168.1.30
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.30 port 2222: Connection refused


Does the ls-chl series support ssh?

any other way to change the directory ownership?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:26 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 2731
try this way
http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/ssh-freischalten-mit-2-klicks-t2468.html


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited