Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:24 pm 
Total Newbie

Hoping someone can help me. I successfully installed Gary's firmware update on my Linkstation. However, I don't know what to do next to set up Plex. Can someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance. Pete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:19 pm 

activate plex on the webinterface
extensions

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:06 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi.
I now tried several times.
I can't seem to get the language-drop-down to work.
Can anybody help?
I have waited and waited and waited - nothing happens.

Ive installed the firmware to a LS-CHLv2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:04 am 
Total Newbie

DreamT wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for this great firmware, opened up many possibilities!

I'm using the latest version, 1.71-Halloween. As you know, it uses version 0.9.12.13 of the Plex server. However, I just bought a 4th gen. AppleTV and have installed the Plex App. Unfortunately it complains that I'm using a version of the PMS that is too old. I guess that PlexMediaServer-0.9.12.18.1520-6833552-arm.spk is needed.

Do you know if the firmware will be updated with this version anytime soon? Or, is it possible to update the PMS version by myself?

same issue here, AppleTV found my Linkstation but has message stating update needed. Is there a way to update the PMS directly without updating Linkstation firmware? Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 am 

Use one howto to install plex.

http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=26989

with this package

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/0.9.12.19.1537-f38ac80/PlexMediaServer-0.9.12.19.1537-f38ac80-arm.spk

i stay here:

under Windows:

Download and save this file to share

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-se ... 80-arm.spk

extract it with 7Zip

under Linux (putty)

groupadd -r plex
useradd -r -g plex -c "Plex Media Server" -d /mnt/disk1/share/plex plex

cd /mnt/disk1/share

rm PlexMediaServer* ; rm PACKAGE_ICON.PNG ; rm syno_signature.asc ; rm INFO

mkdir plex
chown plex:plex plex
cd plex
tar -xzvf ../package.tgz
rm ../package.tgz

sed -i 's/export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"/# export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"/g' /mnt/disk1/share/plex/start.sh
sed -i 's/export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"/# export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"/g' /mnt/disk1/share/plex/start.sh

su plex
./start.sh

Error:

./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./Plex Media Server)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.8' not found (required by ./Plex Media Server)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by ./Plex Media Server)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libxml2.so.2)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libavutil.so.54)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libavcodec.so.56)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libavformat.so.56)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libcrypto.so.1.0.0)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libnatpmp.so.1)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libcurl.so.4)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libfreeimage.so)
./Plex Media Server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/plex/libiconv.so.2)

exit
root@DUO:/mnt/disk1/share/plex# find / -name libc.so*
/lib/libc.so.6

the same problem:
viewtopic.php?t=23603&start=750

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 am 
Total Newbie

hinge wrote:
Hi.
I now tried several times.
I can't seem to get the language-drop-down to work.
Can anybody help?
I have waited and waited and waited - nothing happens.

Ive installed the firmware to a LS-CHLv2

Same problem in the same device :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:02 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was any additional trick to getting NFS to work with the firmware? I enabled the NFS service with the IP address. I activated it on the share. From a remote system I can list the NFS shares. But when I try and connect remotely I get a "Permission Denied". Was there more that had to be done?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:28 pm 

start reading here:
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Ena ... _for_LS-VL

my ready to use howto in german:
http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/nfs-auf-einer-linkstation-ohne-raid-t1126.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:08 am 
Total Newbie

Right saw those. So does that mean the NFS implementation in this firmware doesn't work?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:53 am 

we ar talking about linkstation.
You have no button nfs in your webinterface.

yes, all linkstations ar not prepared for nfs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:33 pm 
Total Newbie

Yes with GaryT's firmware there is now an NFS section under network where you can turn on the service and assign the NFS shares. This appears to turn on the service and assign the shares, since I can see them from a remote system, but I can't seem to connect to them. Though it might be the hosts.allow file but creating it and blowing it wide open changes nothing. So I think there's something else missing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:33 pm 

ok.
this is not my way.
ask GaryT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:26 am 
Total Newbie

Hi there, I have tried installing the firmware on Linkstation LS-XL (http://www.buffalotech.com/products/net ... ion-live-1). I particularly installed this to make use of the Plex server to access media on my XBox 360. Installation went well but I am facing the following issues so far.
1) Plex Server is running very buggy. I can seem to constantly access it with my browser even on the laptop. Its unavailable for the most part and when its available it seems to take a long time to load the contents and it never plays anything. Before it starts playing it seems to lose the connection "NAS went away". Similar experience on the XBox 360. In fact first the XBox couldnt even find the server for a whole day. Today it found it but doesnt seem to load any video. Also the content dont seem to get the banners/posters and details as expected on the Plex server.
2) SSH is not accessible even on port 2222. I have switched it on and it seems to keep throwing me out saying connection was rejected. It is important to note that I had SSH working on port 22 on the stock firmware using acp_commander.

My assumption so far is that the hardware cant handle this flavor of the firmware due to lack of resources. If I could get into SSH I may be able to validate this. Should I just go back to the stock firmware or can this be resolved?

Thanks
H

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:42 pm 

The LS-XL needs other commands than LS-WXL...

http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/fw-1-56-offen-ssh-auf-eine-ls-chlv2-fw-1-56-t1220.html#p10191

Maybe GaryTs Mod is not optimized for LS-XL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:14 am 
Total Newbie

Hi,

Is the Linkstation LS-QVL fully supported? I see that it is compatible on the site but can't find some definitive answer:
viewtopic.php?t=29915&start=75#p175905

Also, when I update the firmware, will I lose data?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next