Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:21 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi, I installed the Andimaginary firmware with the hopes of using PLEX server, though when I realized the architecture was not capable of providing transcoding on the fly for streaming, I decided PLEX wasn't going to be worth messing with for me. However, I was very pleased to find the Transmission bittorrent client installed as the original Buffalo-provided client had too few features to be useful.

The problem I'm having with Transmission client is that it seems to work fine (and is fully accessible from the ThinClient) until it tries to transfer any data over the internet. There is no problem with 'checking' integrity of existing data or accessing basically any part of the program locally, but as soon as it connects to a peer for uploading or downloading, the daemon quits immediately. There is no error indicated in the Transmission-debug log, it just ends with whatever the last routine action it took was. I have to restart the daemon from the Buffalo WebUI to get it back up, at which point I can connect again either via the Transmission WebUI or the thinClient, and it seems to be stable as long as I have all the torrents "paused".

As a test I unpaused the torrents with my cable modem disconnected from the router, and Transmission didn't die again until I plugged it back in and it attempted to trade data with a peer. I also tested it with starting a torrent that I have completed at 100%, and has other seeders, but no one downloading it. It is able to connect and poll the tracker with no problem as long as it is not trying to share data with peers.

Anyone run into any similar trouble? I'm having no other problems with the LS-WX2.0TL/R1 (LS-WXL029) as far as I can tell, everything other than the Transmission client seems to be stable. I should add that I may have been having a similar problem with the PLEX server quitting, but I didn't look much into it since I decided not to use PLEX fairly early on in the process of setting it up.
Thanks for any ideas, and I'm of course happy to provide any info requested. I have SSH access.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:59 am 

You have only 64MB of memory.
what is your setting for "disk Cache size"?
Pict 11.3 from
http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/transmission-auf-der-linkstation-live-und-pro-ls-chlv2-ls-xhl-ls-vl-mit-rotem-webinterface-t749.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:12 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi, thanks for the response. There was a new version of the firmware
( http://www.tomatosoft.hu/gadgets/portfo ... tion-plex/ )
and I wanted to wait til I had a chance to install it to see if that had any
effect. It did not -- I initialized my settings but it has the exact same
problem, even with only one torrent in the list. So, I'm back.

To answer your question, the disk cache size was set to 4mb. I took your
post to mean that I should increase this since I only have 64mb of physical
RAM,so I pumped it up to 32mb and restarted the Linkstation. This didn't
make any difference. Any other thoughts?
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:30 pm 

Chris Mod is running correct
I have testet it yesterday with 430 Torrents
2.77 and 2.84 are running

Quote:
I initialized my settings

Dont do that

use the presets