Iam trying to read Data from my Buffalo NAS LS-WXL on my Kubuntu 14.10 Working Station.
(1) My Buffalo NAS break down, I got an Email about Disk-failure on drive 1 - I identified "Sector-Errors" so the disk should be broken. Anyway!
(2) After I came home I should down by shifting to the Off-Position
(3) I tried to reboot the NAS for Maintainance but there I was unable to get to the WEBGUI. The NAS was just in Emergency-Mode (thats the Information which I got from my Windows Laptop with the Buffalo Software) Anyway!
(4) I put out the Disk and want to read the Datas in the raid-Partion manualy for comparing with my Backupdrive. But unfortunately without succes. (the RAID-Filesystem should be ext3.(Here Iam right now)
(5) It seems, that there is no Superblock for me to read.
Hint: Thats the place where I looked and found a little howto:http://www.pcwelt.de/ratgeber/Raid-Verbund_unter_Linux_reparieren-Anleitung-8353258.html
dafosy@kubuntu14:/media/test$ sudo mdadm --examine /dev/sdb1
[sudo] password for dafosy:
mdadm: No md superblock detected on /dev/sdb1.
dafosy@kubuntu14:~$ sudo fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sdb: 2000.4 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren/Spur, 243201 Zylinder, zusammen 3907029168 Sektoren
Einheiten = Sektoren von 1 × 512 = 512 Bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Gerät boot. Anfang Ende Blöcke Id System
/dev/sdb1 1 3907029167 1953514583+ ee GPT
Partition 1 beginnt nicht an einer physikalischen Sektorgrenze.
(6) Thats what kde-partitionmanager is showing:
(6 different Partitions, but just the first one is visible with mount. There are some Buffalo-Files on it and its just something around 200MB.)
- Do you have any ideas how Iam able to mount the RAID-Partition?
- Do you guys having any idea how to leave the emergency mode and bring back the NAS to work?
- I have a new disk-drive with 2TB still here.
Thanks a lot