Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 am 

:up:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:43 am 
Total Newbie

Hello, sort of the same problem , but slightly different, I am setting up my link station for the first time , plugged in, followed instructions etc. saw the link station under my computer, apon trying to sort out the web Access which keeps failing as well due to the message saying UPnp not avail, have checked my router and this is on so not quite sure what's going on there ( I am using network plugs which im yet to investigate) the link station is no longer showing under my computer but under network, problem with that is when I try to move over files says I don't have permissions.

so in short

1 cant see link station under my comp ( unable to move files to it )
2 cant get web Access to work due to UPnp

I have noticed that the share folders have 'recovered' in description... this make me think the link station is not new/unused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 am 
Total Newbie

Buffalo Linkstation 2 and Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 1607

This worked for me after trying to figure out how to get my NAS back after 2 months of frustration after it was taken out by an earlier preview build - simple fix

1) Install NAS Navigator2 (if you haven't already) from the CD or download it from the Buffalo website .

2) Change the IP address of your PC so that it is in your previous network's address range. i.e.

IP Address = 192.168.0.99

3) Run NAS Navigator2 and it should detect your NAS.

4) Right-click your NAS and select "Properties" and then "IP Settings"

5) Tick "Obtain IP address automatically..." and "Renew IP address". Click OK, enter password, then OK.

It will probably say "Cannot connect to...". Ignore this for now by clicking "No".

6) Change your PC's IP address (and DNS server address) back to being automatically assigned.

7) Refresh NAS Navigator2 and you should be able to access your NAS as normal.[/quote]