Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:22 am 
Total Newbie

Hello,

after installing Debian wheezy to my linkstation I tried several things to make the "auto" switch work like before, but did not succeed. I want my Linkstation to wake up when my computer sends Buffalo's WOL-packages. And even more important, I want the Linkstation to shut down when the WOL packages are missing so that the Linkstation is running only when one of my computers or other hardware is running. But the Linkstation does not react on these WOL packages running under Debian.
I read a lot within the forum an found some posts dealing with the same problem - but I never found an answer that would help.

Can anybody give me a hint how to use the auto switch of the Linkstation together with the Buffalo WOL packages or even with etherwake under Debian wheezy? Would it be possible to use parts (scripts and/or executables) of the original firmware to achieve the WOL functionallity again? How does the original WOL mechanism work? Maybe understanding this would help to create the same mechanism under Wheezy.

I hope that someone can help me with that. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Uwe