Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 am 

I'm trying to help a user who wants to access files on his linkstation from where he works. Problem is that the corporate-firewall blocks port 9000, so he can only use ports that are usually not blocked by firewalls. Second problem is that his router only allows simple port forwards like 9000 ---> 9000 but not 8080 ---> 9000. Is it possible to change the port the Linkstation uses for its WebDAV / Web-Access services?

I have no Linkstation myself, so I can't check. These instructions (in German) are very helpful, but they only mention that you "should" use port 9000. http://www.buffalo-technology.com/knowl ... egory_id=0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:04 pm 

jutta wrote:
I'm trying to help a user who wants to access files on his linkstation from where he works. Problem is that the corporate-firewall blocks port 9000, so he can only use ports that are usually not blocked by firewalls.
He should talk to his IT department and ask them to setup access through their firewall.

He should not be trying to circumvent the corporate firewall without asking for their advice. Where I work, if someone was found doing this without permission they would be subject to disciplinary action and possibly lose their job.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 pm 

I have told him already. I was just interested, if it is technically possible to change the webaccess-port in case there is a collision with some other service and the router is not sophisticated enough to handle the situation. But in the meantime I know already that it *is* possible, even via the web-interface.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:49 am 
Total Newbie

I use some ftp website so I think maybe you can try something like this map:
Office <--connection via port 80--> Website running service like proxy or virtual network <--connection via port 9000--> Home

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:49 am 
Total Newbie

I use some ftp website so I think maybe you can try something like this map:
Office <--connection via port 80--> Website running service like proxy or virtual network <--connection via port 9000--> Home