Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:51 pm 
Total Newbie

I have two linkstation live, each one behind a router, all the required ports are open but the file transfers are stuck and cannot complete.

What is really weird is the fact that all the protocols are concerned : FTP, rsync, and HTTP.

I can connect ssh between the two linkstation and the transfers are initiating correctly, but stuck if the file is larger than 100Kb approximately.

What is more than weird is when I connected the two linkstations on the same router and tried FTP/rsync/http transfer on the local ip, the same problem occurred, conclusion: this is not a problem related to the network configuration, nor a software problem, since the two linkstation can download a file hosted on the Internet or on a local machine, but definitely not when this file is on the other linkstation.

When I installed the second linkstation, I made a raw copy of the first linkstation hard drive with dd, can this have a relation to this problem ?

Any idea ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 pm 
Total Newbie

Note to myself and to the community: after some nights figuring out this problem, I found that it was an MTU problem.

Just had to type "ifconfig eth0 mtu 1412" on both linkstations.

I now have to settle this problem after reboot.