Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: EM MODE - Help!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 am 

Hi all,

I have searched and found related threads, but not one that answers my questions - so please bear with me.

I have a Linkstation LS-CH1.0TL-EU. I do not know what the firmware version is and I don't know if it is a "V1" or "V2".

Today I could not access it and searched using NASNav and it found it with "?" icon and it said EM MODE in the bottom window. I have restarted it in "on" and "auto" modes, rebooted mediahub and pc and still noaccess. I get a message asking to amend IP address but trying to do that always fails. I have also disabled firewall etc. No luck.

I searched online and it appeared that my only hope was firmware update, so I got updater for 112 (guessing that was the right one really).
I reboot everything and then I can find the LinkStation in NASNav stating EM Mode and with Em in the device name. There is a message box stating there is a problem and would I like to correct IP. If I say "no" and then select properties and change manually I can then find the NAS with the updater.

It seems to be going through the update fine then - it copies the files and gets to the booting stage and then fails - with error message that the updater can't find the NAS and to check IP on device and pc.

I search again and it has reverted to the old IP address that doesn't work.

I also noted that the updateres are for US versions - will they even work on my EU box?

Any help gratefully received.
TiA
Silver