I have a Buffalo LS-CH2.0TL Live 2TB
, which seems to be hanging at boot time (I'm really just guessing). I used to be able to access the NAS via the web interface, FTP, SFTP, and SMB (Windows share via Samba on Linux).
Now the system starts up, but when done I can't connect
to anything on the device. The symptoms are:
- When I attach the device to the power the blue light on top starts flashing,
- after a while the blue light on top of the device turns solid.
- The device is shown in the device list of my router.
- I can ping the device successfully, even by name (its name is resolved in the network),
- though I can't access the web interface (Firefox says "Unable to connect").
- When I do a full port scan on the device (e.g. "nmap -A -r -p 1-65535 buffalo") no open ports are reported.
How can I access the NAS system to find out what goes wrong at boot time, and fix it?
I'd love to not have to flash the device since I've got quite a few family photos on it that would be lost.
Any help greatly appreciated.