Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:27 pm 

Hi guys,

My good old LS-CHLv2 was happily running in an open stock 1.31 version fo firmware. I've decided to bring it up to date so I've opened the stock 1.56 and flashed into my LS... and now it's only blinking a steady blue light with me having no access whatsoever to it. It doesn't blink red. It doesn't access tftp. It just sits there, laughing of my dumbfounded face. Any ideas what I could do to bring the little bastard back to life?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 am 

Hi all,

Managed to put my unit back on EM mode... I guess the procedure I was following was just flawed.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:26 am 

Oh God, this is turning into a nightmare... Once on EM mode I flashed the 1.60mod FW... and now I can't connect at all to my LS, even though it shows a nice solid blue light. I have even tried to put it back on EM mode, with no success.

Any ideas?

Edit: Ok, now I'm completely stuck. After upgrading to 1.60mod1, my LS-CHLv2 is not sending any packets down its NIC. Even when putting the unit on EM-Mode I can't get one bloody packet from it. I can see that the physical link is up (it comes up nicely on my laptop), but nothing gets sent from the LS to my computer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:57 pm 

Nobody can shed some light over this issue?

Quick question. Can a firmware upgrade mess up with the EM mode software as well? I was under the impression that the EM mode software was not touched during software upgrades.

It seems to me that the ethernet interface is not being initialised properly on boot (both common and EM). The physical link is up, but no packets whatsoever are being sent by the box.

Any ideas on how to recover from that? I'm almost ripping out the hard disk out of the box, but if I can't even access the box on EM mode, I don't see how I'd be able to recover the box after formatting the hard disk.

Edit: Could I have loaded a wrong u-boot, one which is not initialising the interface properly?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm 

Alright, so based on this thread, it seems that on my situation, the best way to get the box back to life is to clear up the disk of any partitions and MBR (good thing I've backed up my most important data prior to this mess), to try to force the TFTP query. Will try that later tomorrow.

If anyone has any other idea, I'd be glad to hear it out.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:31 pm 

Ok, clearing up the disk has brought my box back to life. TFTP booted it with 1.53 and then uploaded the 1.60mod1 firmware, changing the Noformatting option on the LSUpdater.ini file from 0 to 1.

Leaving this here so anybody facing the same issue in the future can have some hope.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 am 

Quote:
changing the Noformatting option on the LSUpdater.ini file from 0 to 1.

You have to
changing the Noformatting option on the LSUpdater.ini file from 1 to 0.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:00 am 

oxygen8 wrote:
Quote:
changing the Noformatting option on the LSUpdater.ini file from 0 to 1.

You have to
changing the Noformatting option on the LSUpdater.ini file from 1 to 0.

I've changed from 0 to 1 since I have completely erased my hard drive.