Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:03 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi Everyone

Don't know if I am doing this correctly. If not please advise me so. I am not very good at these things..took me a while to get on this forum, so if anyone can help please give me very easy to follow step by step instuctions.

I have a buffalo linkstation LS-CHLF92. It has a red banner across the top. It is linked to my computer via a Netgear 834 router and that is also linked to a Samsung TV with DLNA capability.

I would like to be able to watch movies, look at pictures, and listern to iTunes from the linkstation on the TV (not all at the same time). I am not sure if this is possible. I have tried Buffalo tech support however "you can see things that are in the shared folder" is not solving the fact that I can not. And where is this shared folder, is it on the NAS drive and how do I set it all up.

I have looked at some of the other things posted and they all look very tech. I am sure that someone can step by step walk me through or guide me to where I can find out how. The manual just does not seem to answer the question

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 am 

Update to the latest firmware (1.60).
If you REALLY have a red Web interface, this should help to get
Samsung TVs recognising the box.
Do not use this firmware, if your Web interface is mostly blue.
Then your box is a LS-CHL V1 and you are lost (according to your
own estimation of knowledge).

If there is no verified backup of a dataset, the dataset, by definition, is unimportant. (c't 2012)

RAID (no matter which level) never ever substitutes a backup. (me)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 pm 

You should be able to see the shared folder from your PC(to copy film & pictures,....)
On your pc, open my computer and look in network places, you should be able to see your NAS here, double click and you will see your folders and printers ( if NAS used ad printer server).
Double click the sahred folder and copy films and photos in right folders.
make sure your DLNA server is running (within web interface) and on your TV, whiting settings scan for Dlna server

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:04 am 
Total Newbie

To watch iTunes films, you must enjoy these videos on Apple devices. Since all iTunes movies/TV shows are in M4V which DRM protected, making it impossible to be played on Apple unauthorized devices. If you want to play iTunes files on Android phone, Windows movie player, Smart TV, etc. You may have to get rip of DRM protection at first. M4V converter for mac is the program for you to convert iTunes movies from M4V to MP4 at faster speed with lossless quality. Now there is a thanksgiving sales of this tool, you can get it on in Black Friday discount price on here. Hope this point is useful to you. Good luck.