Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:27 pm 

Can anyone shed any light on how to get NZBgetweb running?
I've tried the guide on these forums and also numerous other ones, but I always get stuck on the lighttpd config, I change it in the exact way stated in the guides, but when I get to:
/opt/etc/init.d/S80lighttpd start

I get stuck with:
Quote:
Cannot load plugin mod_fastcgi more than once, please fix your config (we may not accept such configs in future releases

How do I fix this, or is there any other way I can get NZBgetweb up and running?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:17 pm 

If it's too much of a problem, you could log on to the linkstation via web-interface, network, web server and then activate the web server. I have mine set up at share/web on port 81. Then you can try using ppweb instead. http://davelers.com/Linux/Software/Nzbget/PPWeb/ I have it at /mnt/disk1/share/web/htdocs/ppweb/ This gives you a lot of options with post-processing. Then manage nzbget from http://my.ip:81/ppweb/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:35 pm 

Cheers, I had a look at that and failed miserably to get anywhere with it. My immense noobness with Linux led to a complete fail, how do I use a tarball?
I did make a bit of headway with nzbgetweb in the meantime, it actually loaded up in my browser, but when I added a new nzb to the queue, it said it was successfully added, but it didn’t appear in the queue?!
No matter what I did, no nzb seemed to actually arrive in the queue, even though the server was running fine and nzbget said the nzb was successfully added to the queue.
I have a brand new issue now though, I updated to the 1.54MOD firmware, but it didn’t occur to me that it would wipe everything I’d done on nzbgetweb. So I started again, installed ipkg, then went on the install everything else in the nzbgetweb guide, but something odd happened…
Nzbget seemed to install fine through telnet, but there’s no trace of it anywhere on the drive?!?
If I try to reinstall it says it’s already installed and fine. I’m truly having abysmal luck with all of this, would I be better off reinstalling the newest firmware and trying again from scratch?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:51 pm 

What happens if you telnet/ssh to it and run 'nzbget -D' ?
A tarball is just like a .rar or .zip. It's a compressed archive. Google a little and you'll learn how to use them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 pm 

Well I tried that and it came up with a list of locations of the NZBget config file, does that mean it's installed, or should there have been more come up?

I did google tarballs before I posted last time, but all the stuff I found assumed a little Linux knowledge, which I don't have.
The noobness is strong in this one...

I'll figure it out, but first I need to get NZBget sorted.

If I draw a blank and give up on this, which alternative should I go for, SABnzb or HellaNZB?
I know both are slow in comparison to NZBget, but what I'm most concerned about is reports that they can cause the Linkstation to lock up. Which is least likely to do this?