Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:53 pm 
Total Newbie

I just moved to the UK and I have yet to have an incident with the power difference.. until last night. I looked up the specs and it says it should be able to handle 220v however it did not! I've never seen something blow up before. There was just a FUUMPP!! And then SMOKE! It flipped the breaker to the room. Crazy!

So aside from dealing with replacing the unit itself, I'm left trying to recover the data. I was using RAID 5 and I can't access the drive. I have a kit that allows you to hook up a SATA connection and plug it in via USB to your laptop. I tried all the drives and they say they can't be accessed. The lesson here is that being a home user I'm not going to use a 4 bay RAID 5 setup, I'm just going to get 2 bays and mirror them. If this happens again I can salvage the data more easily.

However in the meantime, can I get the data off these drives? If so how? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm freaking out ever so slightly.

Last edited by nim6us on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 am 
Total Newbie

Hopefully this will help someone else. I found UFS Explorer Raid Recovery which is AMAZING! Recovered all my data!