Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 am 
Total Newbie

Hello,

I just bought a Buffalo Linkstation WXL and I would like to use the auto-mode feature so it wakes up when a pc is running and otherwise is in standby mode. This already works fine but I also want to use the Linkstation's media server feature - and when I am listening to our WLAN radio there won't be a PC running at the same time. That means the Linkstation goes sleeping because of the missing "magic packet" (which it otherwise would receive from one of the PCs).

Now I plan to use our router (Fritzbox) to send this magic packet whenever the radio is online.
I programmed a bash script to do that, only the part of waking up the Linkstation is still missing. I found ether-wake on the fritzbox so I tried the following (the Linkstation in connected on LAN1):
Code:
/usr/bin/ether-wake -i eth0 [MAC-Address of Linkstation]

Sadly this does not work.
The fritzbox also offers a wake-up button in its administration area but the button "Start the computer" also does not wake up the Linkstation.
Nevertheless I read here and elsewhere that some people got this working so I hope somebody could help me in this case.

Looking forward to your answers!

Best regards,
Jan