Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DLNA Server
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 am 
Total Newbie

Hi Guys,
Firstly, please go easy on me, as I am new to this forum and am not overly technical!

I have am just setting my LS-X2.0TL up, and have the following folders setup. Music, Video, Photos.

I have just copied 30gb of Music from my Mac to the drive, and am now copying over the photos. The files are accessible on my Raspberry Pi If I connect as a SMB client. However, I can't view the files from any DNLA Client apps, such as 8player on my iphone.

When looking at the DLNA Server settings on the NAS, it would appear that I can only add one directory to be broadcasted via DLNA, is this correct? So... If I wanted my Music, Videos and Photos all to be streamed from the NAS drive via DLNA, I would have to create another folder called 'shared' for example, and choose for this folder to be the DLNA folder from the server settings? I would then have to copy all the content from Music, Videos and Photos folders to the 'Shared' folder, to allow it all to be streamed over DLNA?

I hope this makes sense and my dodgy terminology hasn't offended anybody! :P Any help would be appreciated. Surely it would be simple for developers to allow more than one folder to be selected when setting up the DLNA server, or am I missing something?

Cheers!
Matt

Post subject: Re: DLNA Server
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:07 pm 
Total Newbie

you do not have to move everything to the share folder
by now you properly got two paths created by standart
- root/"YourNasName"
- root/share

in the folder where you have the "music,videos"
just make a new folder name "MEDIA" or whatever you want, then move all the folders you want to share on DLNA you move inside
then chose the "MEDIA" folder for the share option

Post subject: Re: DLNA Server
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 am 
Total Newbie

Is it possible to DLNA if I have mulitple volumes? The above mentioned method appears to only work if you have just one volume.

Since I cannot select multiple folders for DLNA, or create shared folders across multiple volumns, am I limited to DLNA on only 1 folder? (making it pretty useless to me)