Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:58 pm 
Total Newbie

I have a LinkStation ls-ch1 (.0tl, I think) with a 1TB disk in it. It recently became unavailable on my network.

Using NasNavigator, I could see it was in EM mode, so I followed the instructions like many before me. However, after reinstalling the firmware, I was told that the update failed, and I now have the 6 red flashes. Here is where I ended up last night:

1) Connect LS directly to my laptop via ethernet
2) Laptop IP = 192.168.11.1
3) Fire up TFTP boot
4) Power off LS, hold down function, power on
5) The two lines appear in the console, as expected

BUT from here on, I am simply unable to find the LS. Neither the LSUpdater, nor the NasNavigator can locate it, no matter what IP I put my Laptop at, and I cannot ping the LS in any way (not even when pinging 192.168.11.150).

I should stress at this point that what I am really interested in is the data!!!

I recently bought a Synology, which is what I want to move the data to. So I am primarily interesting in getting in contact with my data on the desk. Any advice is greatly appreciated. It seems that the linkstation cannot simply be opened and the disk taken out. If I can get the disk out, is it then possible to connect it as a slave (or whatever the term is in SATA world), so I can access the data and copy it to my synology.

I really hope someone out there can help me out, thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide me.

Brgds,
Kristian