Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:16 pm 

Good morning all,

I need your help. I have searched the web high and low and found a number of different articles showing how to install SABnzbd onto the Linkstation NAS. However after 48 hours of trying, i have yet to see success. I am not sure if the guides are up-to-date as a lot of the posts date back to 2011/2012.

My linux knowledge is none - so if you can help in grade 3 terminology i would appreciate it. To clarify my situation further i did successfully upgrade the firmware to 1.69-Chris - which has opened up some lovely additions.

I love SABnzbd, its been a mainstay on my windows machines for the past 2 years - i would love to have this running peacefully on my NAS.

If you need further information to help explain the process i will try to help. I was hoping to have it all set up by the end of the weekend.

Please help.

*********EXTRA INFO******

OK - I will try to get you upto speed.

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/net ... n-pro-quad (Diskless Enclosure / LS-QVL/E )

I installed/flashed a 1.69 firmware upgrade which enabled ssh access. I am using a windows machine to try and do the tweaks necessary - I managed to ssh via putty software.

I tried following this method - http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Sabnzbdplus

However when i get to this stage:

Quote:
cd /mnt/disk1/share/sabnzbd
python SABnzbd.py -f SABnzbd.ini -d

I dont get anywhere - i "feel" that i might have missed a key step.

The forementioned weblink also mentions this:
Quote:
Open_Stock_Firmware/jtymod + bootstrapping to the optware feed
Category:FreeLink

This is the step i think i might have missed.

When i try to see where the ipkg's have been installed (i use the command LS) i cant for the life of me see them in any directory.

If this:

Quote:
Open_Stock_Firmware/jtymod + bootstrapping to the optware feed
Category:FreeLink

Is the step i missed - how do i go about achieving it? To be honest i did have a go at this too - however when i tried to "telenet" onto the NAS i didnt get anywhere. The current ssh port for my NAS is 2222, however i am not sure if that same port applies to the telenet.

I am also not sure if i need to bother with this process at all - seeing as i already have ssh access thanks to the firmware upgrade 1.69 Chris.

I will leave at that for now - if you need more information i will try to add it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:19 pm 

Code:
 python /opt/share/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f SABnzbd.ini -d