Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:20 am 
Total Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I am using an LS-QVL (http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:LS-QVL) with the following configuration -

This NAS is part of a Windows Workgroup, and on it I have configured a number of 'Local Users' (as per the instructions on pg. 60 of the user manual) with identical user name / password to the (relevant) Windows Account. Furthermore I have created a number of 'Shared Folders' with Access Restrictions.

When copying files from a laptop to one of the Shared Folders I saw the following two messages -

- as you can see above the message states 'Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?'

- and similarly above 'Are you sure you want to copy this folder without its properties?'

I figured that the above messages may have something to do with file ownership under Windows, however I did not see the messages above when copying from one folder to another on my local C: Drive (which I did for testing purposes). The ownership on the files is shown below -

Admittedly the Shared Folder on the NAS is setup as 'Jason', whereas ownership here is for 'Administrator', so perhaps the files / folders need to have their ownership changed to Jason (and then recopied).

If anybody has any ideas as to why I am seeing the file properties messages (shown above) can you please share?

Kind Regards,

Davo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:09 pm 

The message relates to alternate data streams not file ownership.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c9e86141bd

As far as I know the LinkStation doesn't support alternate data streams.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:18 am 
Total Newbie

Thanks Colin.