Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 pm 

Hi shonk,

just to let you know. I borrowed my daughter's Windows PC and installed your firmware.
Everythings fine, i am on 1.37.

Thanks for your help and for sharing your work with us.

greetings

Ronny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm 

"down added to /bin to take down http services"

How do i do if I want NAS to autorun the command "down" after each boot.
I want the http service to always be down until i trigger "up", but http service should be down after reboot again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:03 pm 

my device: LS CHLv2
i flashed original 1.37 - then i restored settings - then i flashed 1.37mod !
now i can telnet with the user admin / passowrd, but i cant change the passoword with passwd, because i dont know the unix passowrd..
i tried "root" "password" "admin" but had no luck... i also can connect via ssh, but i dont know the password there also...

can someone help me??

greets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm 

Load factory defaults
telnet as root without password

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:53 pm 

Couldn't find complete information, so just a quick information request:

I have the LS-CHL-V2-124-MOD1a installed. Can i just flash 137-MOD1 over the existing firmware (how do I find out my product ID: EDIT: cat /proc/buffalo/firmware tells me my version)? Should I first install Buffalo's official firmware?

I wouldn't mind, but would my old install be completely gone? ~home folder etc.? I know the mounted harddrive will not be affected, but everything else (custom rTorrent etc.) is gone, correct?

EDIT:

Just installed the firmware and it worked flawlessly. All my settings are gone as I expected.

So I did the following:
  • cat /proc/buffalo/firmware --> ProductID "...12", so everything fine
  • reset linkstation to factory defaults (called "Restore Linkstation" instead of reset)
  • connect LinkStation directly to my laptop via LAN cable, as my Wireless router somehow didn't let me update the linkstation (packet filtering)
  • Updated LinkStation
  • done

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 am 
Total Newbie

Hmmm.... any chance to get to 1.37 Mod 1 when 1.40 is already installed? Tried to install, but Updater says "couldn't connect on tcp. updating is aborted." and then "NAS returns an error 0xFF[...]C. Updating is aborted".

Already tried with "force update" on debug mode, no change..

Anyone an idea? Also already tried to reinstall 1.37 Buffalo Software, also not possible...

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:10 pm 

just installed this 1.37 mod1 on my CHL-v2 but cant torrent downloads to work .
When adding .torrent files or torrent link nothing will happen after pressing OK.
The torrent never adds to the list.

Why?
This worked like a charm in 1.37 original fw.

I fixed this problem by doing this (Thanks No1Teef ! ):

"
i have just edited the bittorent.sh file and removed 'Downloads as the main folder

DIR_BT_ROOT=${DIR_BASE}/**********
DIR_ACTIVE=${DIR_BT_ROOT}/_active
DIR_COMP=${DIR_BT_ROOT}
DIR_TORRENT=${DIR_BT_ROOT}/_torrent_files
"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 pm 

Hello Everybody,

first of all i wanna bring out a VERY BIG TOAST to the person, who created this very very nice piece of firmware! :) Thank you, you are realy great!

Okay, now about my problem:
I use the latest version of you firmware: 1.37 MOD1 with my CHL-v2 1.5 TB. And i configured it to go asleep at 1 a.m. in the morning and wake up again at 9 a.m. or rather programmed it this way:

And it goes asleep perfectly in time. But it doesn't wake up the next morning. Not at 9 or any later. The only possability is to push the "Function" button in front of my LS, what brings it back to life.

Here a short list of what I've already checked:
- switch on the back is in "on" position
- crontab is okay (with 2 entries, one for sleep, one for wake up, both at the write time!)
- a "date" gives the correct time
- timezone is set to "Amsterdam" - I'm from germany, so it's the right/same timezone (furthermore it goes to sleep at the right time -> 1 a.m. CET)
- cron.sh isn't touched or anything (there was a bug in one of the last firmware versions -> the cron.sh did always uses the GMT-Timezone)

Now I'm out of ideas. A workaround would be to keep the thing running all the day. But maybe you guys have any good idea, that could do the trick?

I would be very happy to hear about it!
Thanks to all of you in advance!

Erik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 pm 

use FW 1.34

http://translate.google.de/translate?js ... -t807.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:05 am 
Total Newbie

I have LS-VL v2 which came with 1.37 firmware. I wanted to get telnet/ssh access to the box. So initially I used acpcommander with -o and -o addons options. But could not get telnet/ssh working.

I flashed it with Shonk's 1.37 mod1. (Thanks Shonk). No problem with that part. Followed the instructions and it worked great. I now have telnet access for "admin" user.
Two issues -
Bittorrent stopped working. I had a number of torrents running before I flashed with modified firmware. So tried to get to the /etc/melco directory to edit the bittorrent.sh file as per instructions. But get access denied.

So tried root user. Let's say admin password was "xyz". I tried all password combinations suggested to telnet with root user. Tried "xyz", "", "password", "passwd", "root". But nothing seems to work.

Please help. I don't want to go back to the standard firmware and give up my telnet access. I want to stay with shonk's mod. How do I get the root password? I want to get root access and then also get my bittorrent working again.
Thanks guys.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:24 am 

You should read the README. ;-)
If I remember correctly, Shonk implemented the reset of the root
password via a "reset" in the webinterface. Read the README and
you will find the infos.

Btw. there is a new wiki page for the LS-VL which explains how
to get root access via ssh for the stock firmware. But I would
recommend to stay with Shonks firmware if you think you are a
Linux noob. It seems to be a "all-in-one" solution.

If there is no verified backup of a dataset, the dataset, by definition, is unimportant. (c't 2012)

RAID (no matter which level) never ever substitutes a backup. (me)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 am 

Quote:
Load factory defaults
telnet as root without password

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=21865&start=48

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:42 pm 
Total Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. After my post I realized that I missed the final step of the reset from the UI
I will go look for the LS-VL post also which I may not go with since Shonk's version seems to be working well. I just need to fix bittorrent issue then I am set.
The reason I was going down this route was to install mythtv on this box. But that whole process seems ultra complicated. So finally I installed mythtv on a ubuntu laptop.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:12 pm 

My twonky config is still resetting on each boot. Could someone please tell me which file to edit to prevent this. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:20 pm 

jeschliep:
Quote:
And it goes asleep perfectly in time. But it doesn't wake up the next morning. Not at 9 or any later. The only possability is to push the "Function" button in front of my LS, what brings it back to life.

This is a bug in the original firmware. It is because the on time remains on Japanese time. The workaround is to compensate for the time zone difference. See the last post (message 8) on this page:
http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Sleep-Timer-on-LinkStation-Duo-Help-Please/m-p/46633/highlight/true#M29738
Mine works with this method.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next