Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:05 pm 
Total Newbie

Hello and thanks, Model LS-QVL
I am new to the BuffaloNAS, But I have done extensive reading and searching (this forum, Google etc) to resolve this problem.
I am trying to access the NAS via browser from outside of the network. I know I have all the ports open and working because I can access it using the public ip:30892 typed directly into a browser,
but if I try to use the Buffalo link www.buffalonas.com and enter the BuffaloNAS.com NAME I created, it fails to connect (The connection has timed out). I know I am entering the correct "name" and in the same case (all caps) as I created it.
I have also Reset the NAS from the web-portal (System.Maintenance.RestartLinkStation.Restart

What I do see that looks very wrong,
I am seeing a different ip address for the Puplic IP that works and the one that shows using Buffalonas.com(name)

http://50.251.143.126:30892 this one works
http://76.20.196.155:30892/ does not work; ip Buffalonas.com(name) is trying to use

Any ideas, suggestions? in searching I see others have had this problem. About the only sugestion I have seen is to do a factory reset on the NAS. I did this when I first started working on this. I have not tried again but I am thinking that original reset should be good enough. HELP please