Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:00 am 
Total Newbie

I have an LS-Q4.OTL/R5 with FW 1.11
Disk 4 had a hard failure (even red light went out). Unit when into disk checking disk 1. Not knowing any better I pulled power (should have waited for disk checking completion). Installed new drive 4 and rebooted. After the 24hr disk check I21 unit came back to life. Now showing Error 22 (disks not mounted. All 4 disk lights turning red then back to green every few minutes. Logged into unit and noticed all four disks showing standard mode, correct unit name but file format was not available. I formatted disk four. Unit when through disk checking again and showed disk 4 with XFS formatting. Now just the 1-3 disks lights are blinking red. I am assuming missing format. Pulled disk 1-3 looked at them with windows and they appear healthy with all the same partitioning.

In GUI the raid setup show the "raid array error occurred". Under Raid 1 "not configured". Raid setting show raid 5 with all four disks selected. None are grayed out and are select-able. With all selected the Restructure Raid Array is select-able or deleting array. Message tells me to select restructure.
Also noted that there is a malfunctioning alarm showing that is not true and I can only connect through the NAS Navigator for the first few hours after reboot.
Question -

Will restructure format and delete all data?

Is there something else to try? Firmware? Resetting?

Thanks for any help

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am 
Total Newbie

Sorry. Found a post with same problem. Now in process of asking Buffalo folks. Buffalo tech forum had no responses