Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:26 pm 

[Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice...But I don't see a way to delete it =/ ]

Hi Everyone,
I'm rather new to drives like this. The business I work for shut down and I'm trying to copy client files from a Buffalo LS 220 via the network. But it doesn't appear on my network from what I can tell. I believe it had a static IP at the shop, so perhaps that's why I can't see it.. I tried to ping my router and got all the IPs, then tried to access each one, but none seemed to be the LS. Should I reset it using the function button on the back? I read that if I turn it off, and hold in that button while turning it on, then press it once more, it will reset the IP/UserName/Password. But I'm still unclear what I should do next.

Sorry if this has been posted before...I tried to search my problem, but am still 'guessing' on what I should do. I don't want to risk loosing the client files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 pm 

use the nasnavigator to find the device an to set a new ip or dhcp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:08 am 

Okay, thanks, I got the Navigator. And it WAS able to find the LS, but it's asking for an admin password. And the shop owner has no clue what it was set to originally. Is there a way to reset it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:05 am 

have you try

passord

3 Ways to Reset
http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/kennwort-fuer-den-admin-vergessen-t1984.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:22 pm 

Okay, so I spoke to the company owner and the computer business that installed the NAS drive. They said the password was never set and should be 'password'. But it's not working.

Here's where I'm at. I installed NAS Navigator2. It detected the Buffalo LS and tried to set it up by changing the time, date, and IP address...however that failed. Now the icon has an exclamation ! point infront of it. If I right click > goto properties > IP Addresses, and toggle the 'Renew IP Address' on, then it asks for the Admin Password. THAT is where I've been trying to enter 'password'. When I hit enter, it shows a loading bar, and then says "No reply from drive"..

So what should I do?

I'm trying to avoid doing a reset if I can..

Thanks for the help :)