Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:57 am 
Total Newbie

Hi!

I've got a second hand Linkstation mini (LS-WSXL series label on board) from ebay with no disks. Device is known to LSUpdater as LS-WSXLB87 and detected firmware version as 1.40-2.36. I have installed into device my two 500Gb disks - Toshiba MK5065GSX and Hitachi 5K500.B-500.

And here is a start of story! Since after first power up I've recived E06 error tnan I've used a TFTP Boot recovery and Firmware flash.

Recommended by support service TFTP boot recovery 1.24 for all 4 models and firmware flash v. 1.40 or 1.41 are unsuccessful - both finished with E06 state. I.e. after flash I have E06 - long press device button - state LED signalling "firmware upgrade" by amber light - reboot - E06 again!

I've found TFTP Boot Recovery 1.4 beta and 1.41 test. Both of them leads to successful firmware upgarade. I have access to device. BUT! Here is started my problem - I can't use disk installed into SATA2 connector. Both disks are tested. Both of them OK. Disks was swapped in device with same result.

Using web iface I can see in system info area on the left side :

Storage: Disk 2: 0.0 GB / 451.4 GB (0.0 %)
In the Shared Folders -> Folder setup I can see Info Share - Disk 1 Share - Disk2
In the System -> Storage Disk1 - removed Disk2 - Normal(EDP available)

Questions is:

1. Do I need install 2 identical disks in the device to make it work properly?
2. Is SATA2 channel broken? I think not since while firmware updating phase share on disk1 is created. Disk1 described as removed only after update? How can I test SATA2 functionality?
I really needed in raid storage while in the my trips. And I love to play with embedded soft. So I'm ready to be a tester of yours/ Please, help anyway!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:05 pm 

Wher have you found "TFTP Boot Recovery 1.4 beta"?

Do not use my "1.41 test" without renamimg one file.
Read: http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23175

Use:
tftp_1.41_kirkwood.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbcbjenyea88jh6

If you use two different hdds the size differs a little.
You have to flash with the smaller HDD. Then connect the little bigger HDD and Resync the Raid.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:30 pm 
Total Newbie

Thanks to replay! But I'm not skilled in German.
Do I need to use tftp_1.41_kirkwood.7z and need not to rename nothing?
TFTP Boot Recovery 1.4 beta package was emailed to me by device seller/ I can't figure out where he got it.

I've seen before you work hard helping device users. Can I help you? Nothing mmore than english to russian translation if you ever need it.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 pm 

Do not use my tftp.
And:
Please send me a copy of TFTP Boot Recovery 1.4 beta to oxygen8@directbox.com

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:17 am 

MikProg wrote:
And here is a start of story! Since after first power up I've recived E06 error tnan I've used a TFTP Boot recovery and Firmware flash.

Recommended by support service TFTP boot recovery 1.24 for all 4 models and firmware flash v. 1.40 or 1.41 are unsuccessful - both finished with E06 state. I.e. after flash I have E06 - long press device button - state LED signalling "firmware upgrade" by amber light - reboot - E06 again!

If you are starting from a clean harddisk, you'll to through E06 twice: first to partition the disks, then again to install the firmware. The second cycle is necessary since the first does not install files on the harddisk.

I did this successfully several times on a LS-WVL with firmware 1.40 and 1.41. According to http://opensource.buffalo.jp/ls-x-140.html your WSXL shared the same firmware, thus should behave the same.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:25 am 
Total Newbie

lsuser1985 wrote:
If you are starting from a clean harddisk, you'll to through E06 twice: first to partition the disks, then again to install the firmware. The second cycle is necessary since the first does not install files on the harddisk.

I think I did it at least 5 times. I have succeeded to install firmware. The only problem is second HDD. After successful installation device can't see second drive. I think my second sata channell is broken.