Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:56 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi, hoping someone can help me before I throw my LGL at the wall :x
I was updating the firmware on my LS-L500GL from 1.04 to 2.01 and had loads of trouble, could never get a response from the box.
I'd followed the instructions on here, disabled firewall/av etc, opened the box up with apc_commander, removed root p/w etc but it still didn't work. Then it suddenly went to EM mode, tried a few times again, debug mode, forcing update etc but now it's just died.

As soon as I put the power cable in I can here it firing up the hard drive but I get no HD Led on the front at all, no flashes, nothing. If I plug a cable in I get the network Led ok and I've checked the plastic bit that transfers the Led light inside and thats fine.
Neither NASNavi or the firmware updater will find the box and I don't know it's IP (if it's got one). I've hooked it to my router and it's not showing up as an attached device so I think it's goosed! I've no way of connecting to it without its IP address so I don't know what to do.
Anyone got any ideas??
Help please!!

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:36 am 

well Pete, I have have no experience with this device but it seems you screwed up the software on the HDD needed for booting. Probably you will have to take out the HDD from the casing and connect it to a pc running Linux to see if it can brought back to live