Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 am 
Total Newbie

I have super newbie question, what else i need to have installed on my PC for those commands to work, having trouble with cp and vi command so far. they work in a linux enviroment but not in windows.
If i just want to enable DLNA on the LS-L320GL do I still have to perform all these steps?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:00 am 
Total Newbie

Wow! Thanks guys, you've made my crappy piece of hardware infinitely more useful. I can't thank you enough!

I wish I read this guide 2 years ago, I've always thought the LS-LGL series couldn't be configured at all (everything resets on reboot?) and was far too weak to do anything other than serve files via SMB anyway. But serving files to a PS3 using DLNA actually works! :D Glad I was wrong.

For anyone else following the tutorial now, the link on step #8 is broken, I used http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optwa ... -7_arm.xsh and it worked fine.

robi42 wrote:
I have super newbie question, what else i need to have installed on my PC for those commands to work, having trouble with cp and vi command so far. they work in a linux enviroment but not in windows.
If i just want to enable DLNA on the LS-L320GL do I still have to perform all these steps?
Thank you.
It doesn't matter what operating system you're running for guide - you just need java installed (to run "acp_commander") and a telnet client ("PuTTY" is usually recommended for Windows users). Once you've connected to the box, you're in the linux environment so the programs vi and cp exist. And to enable DLNA you have to perform all the steps except 13.

Thanks again to Bernok! You've improved my media setup immensely. I just hope other people with LS-LGL boxes find this guide faster than I did :p

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm 

Would a kind person maybe be able to re-compile ushare with the following Diff ..?

http://forums.cnet.com/7726-13973_102-3157197.html

According to this post this fixes an issue were ushare is imcompatible with Samsung TV's ...

I am not sure if I would be able to create a new ushare build on the Linkstation itself and never have cross compiled anything on a different Linux build.

this Post claims that above fixes the issue

THX

PT-1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 pm 
Total Newbie

hi im wondering if some one can help me please my problem is im trying to make a media server for my tv upstairs for my father who is now bed bound so he can watch my films from my room or the nas i have the LS-L500GL i have tried to follow these step i know a little about computers but not enough to do this could some one remote onto my pc and do it for me if they do it for me ill send £5 over paypal to them as it will be a big help
thanks