Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1722 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 pm 

bmw12345, do you mean libgd ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:44 pm 

fvdw wrote:
bmw12345, do you mean libgd ?

yep, i mean libgd with all the image functions in it. that might be true, that persons who have the password for the webgui, can also see all the passwords, but let me show you with one example what i mean:

1. master passwort for the webgui
2. different users with its own pw, also for me

so now, my problem is that if i want to give someone the masterpasswort or have my browser open for some time, i wont that anyone can see my own passwort. sure he can change it, but therefore i can reset the whole nas with ssh root, but i found it not good if he can see passwords esp. when i reuse it somewhere else.

i also noticed nothing with the workgroup bug, is still shown in the right workgroup now :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 pm 

hi,

since I have managed finally to fix the Sata problems with the new orion git kernel 2.6.29-rc5 I have started a new thread
in the arm kernel development section:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15661

best wishes pbg4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 pm 

Hi fvdw,

no issues with upgrading 4.0 FW.
I'm happy to have now a working workgroup behavior ;-)

Great job !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:20 pm 

thanks wd9895, glad to hear that you like the upgrade

@all
there is a small bug in fvdw4-0 and that is that the samba server will not start automatic at boot when IP address assignment is set to manually.
If settings is get automatic an IP address assigned then the samba server will start at boot.
The problem is identified and within a few days an update will be made available. Sorry for this inconvenience.
For the moment suggest to use automatic IP assignment

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:15 am 

Upgrade to firmware fvdw 4-1 available

You can download it form convopit

http://convopit.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=19371

changes to fvdw 4-0.

1. Bug solved that samba server did not start automatic at boot when assigning IP address was set to manual.
Now the samba server will start again automatic also for this setting

2. Firefly server added

3. Feature added to enable/disable displaying passwords of users in screens of the webgui

PS this upgrade will solve the issue that the share were not visible after reboot in case IP address assignment was set to manual.

edit 3 march 2009
marvel media server is not working in fvdw 4-1, reason a missing shared object library as result of recompliling sqlite
an updated will be released soon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 am 

wohoooo, already downloaded it and will be installed this evening :) thx for all of your work you are doing here :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:08 am 

wohoooo, already downloaded it and will be installed this evening :) thx for all of your work you are doing here :)
fvdw wrote:
edit 3 march 2009
marvel media server is not working in fvdw 4-1, reason a missing shared object library as result of recompliling sqlite

you said there is a sqllite compiled on the nas, is there a way to access it via php?

*edit: and installed :) ty for your new feature to disable the passwort :) one suggestion: how to change to <input> field from type text to type password ;) for your code

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 pm 

bmw12345 wrote:
fvdw wrote:
edit 3 march 2009

you said there is a sqllite compiled on the nas, is there a way to access it via php?

*edit: and installed :) ty for your new feature to disable the passwort :) one suggestion: how to change to <input> field from type text to type password ;) for your code

The sqlite executable (sqlite3) is there, don't now if you can access it via php. It is used by the marvel media server which also uses xml files as php does, so....

And yes I will change per your request the type for the "code" fields to password so you won't see what you type.. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:37 pm 

fvdw wrote:
And yes I will change per your request the type for the "code" fields to password so you won't see what you type.. :roll:

sry *shame*, i hate cleartext :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 pm 

Upgrade firmware version to fvdw 4-2 available for download at convopit

http://convopit.org/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 39#p256939

changes compared with fvdw 4.1

4.2.a) Marvel mediaserver did not work anymore in fvdw 4.0 and 4.1
This was due to a missing shared object library. In this version the library is added
and the marvel mediaserver will work again

4.2.b) In share menu the total size of the volume was still wrong, corrected,
should be ok now for users that installed a bigger hdd

4.2.c) The feature to enable/disable diplaying passwords in screens of the wegui.
Type of input field changed to password, so you wont see what you type (request from a user ;) )

4.2.d) Version 4.0 and 4.1 did not mount fat formatted usb HDD anymore
This was due to a missing codepage, that is added, furthermore a delay is build in the boot scripts,
This allow time for the external HDD to be mounted when it is connected during boot, before initialization of the samba sever.
If the samba server is started to early the disk may not be visible after boot.
If it is still not visible after boot (possible when it is a slow mounting HDD) then disconnect it after boot and reconnect it again.

success with upgrading and let me know your results and comments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:37 pm 

already upgraded to 4.2 :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:09 pm 
Total Newbie

fvdw wrote:
Upgrade firmware version to fvdw 4-2 available for download at convopit

http://convopit.org/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 39#p256939

success with upgrading and let me know your results and comments

Dear fvdw.

Thanks for your work with the firmware. I am now using 4.2, which works great. But I still have problems with my license key to the TwonkyVision Media server.

Is it just me, who is doing something wrong, or has other users experienced problems with new license keys? I saw under some help topics that version 4.4 or higher seems to work.

I understand that an upgrade of the TwonkyVision server might not be your highest priority. Is there any possibility that it will happen in the near future?

Best regards,
Brian.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:11 pm 

Hi Brian

glad to hear that you like it.
About twonky, I tried in the past both 4.4.4, 4.4.6, 4.4.8 and more they all didn't work well
I finally found the 5.0beta that worked ok and it offered more possibilities then the other version and the newer versions, for intsnace the ability to make a folder by yourself or the transcoding options. For the last feature I will add jpeg and png lib to the firmware in the next release. Some user tried the newer versions but revert back to 5.0beta because of the extra features.
I use twonky 5.0beta with a 4.4.6 key and it works without an issue.
Anyhow if you want to upgrade you can do it even yourself. If you have installed twonky with the webgui a share will be visible with name twonky, that can be accessed with the samba share server assuming you set access rights properly.
You can replace the files in this share with those from a newer version (leave the .ini file in place). You need to find a version compiled for the arm9 processor of the spd8020, in most case a version fror ls-pro might work.
Never use the nast install files in these packages they might cuase damage to certain files and affect operation.
Just copy the appropiate files to this directory and check the executable bit is set for the executables (for instance by using winscp). You can always revert back to 5.0beta by using the install option of the firmware

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi Frans,
Just a minute ago i installed your 4.2 firmware on my spd8020.
Excellent job.... I used your other firmwares too. Works all fine
for me.

But... Just a question.
I would like to stream mp3 and movies to my iphone and my TV,
a Philips 9603. When I try to connect with Plugplayer (upnp on iphone)
or with MediaCloudMac (on OSX) I have a few problems.
On my Iphone I don't see the server no more. Was no problem with
firmware 3.x.
On my Mac I can see the server, but no files. I have put a "test-file"
in the root of public.

Any suggestions....

Pppfff... English is harder then Dutch :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1722 Next