Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 22 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:58 pm 

wow :) nice to hear that :)

fvdw, is it possible to update the twonky to the newest version ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 pm 

bmw123456 wrote:
wow :) nice to hear that :)

fvdw, is it possible to update the twonky to the newest version ?

yep in principle that can be done assuming you find one compiled for an arm 9 processor (like the linkstation pro), but it doesn't work well according others who have done it. This particular beta version has special features too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm 

hmm is it possible to add something like that:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/

its a little opensoruce dlna media player with good functions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:05 pm 

bmw123456 wrote:
hmm is it possible to add something like that:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/

its a little opensoruce dlna media player with good functions.

seems to be an binary to me not source code. If it is compiled for the arm processor as present in the spd8020 and is not dependent on any other package and /or library (which is often the case or linux) it might run. However its foot print is about 2 MB thats big for our spd8020 with its tiny system memory, but maybe its not stripped and actual memory use may be smaller. I will test it one of these days and see what happens. Its seems to be simple to setup, I like simple programs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 pm 

well its not a binary for the ARM processor in spd8020 and I can not find the sources...so can not try to compile it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:23 pm 

found it, but as expected it needs a bunch of libraries...will take some time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 pm 

hmm bad :) bot not nessescary if you cant compile it, just found it and thought that might be nice for the philips

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 pm 

I compiled it and found solution for the lib's, it started but it failed almost directly because something it uses a unknown function call
But there is progress..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:29 am 

minidlna is running (latest version) needed to upgrade the sqlite3 library.
There is only one thing which is that the inotify calls do not work, inotify is used to notice changes in filesystems and used to automatically add or delete files from the database. Thats a pity, don't know yet if I can resolve that without a kernel recompile (intofy was enabled in the kernel config file ...mmm whats wrong here.
If this can not be solved then it means that you need to restart the server and rebuild the media database if you have added any files to the directories it scans and you want those to show up on your client. That can be a little time and cpu consuming if you have many files.
The minidlna server is recognized by windows 7 and my TV as DLNA server and streams ok so far (pictures, video and music tested but not all file types yet tested)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 pm 

the only thing i can say: great and wow! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm 

twonky nas compiles: http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5.1.2/

maybe they helps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am 

fvdw wrote:
There is only one thing which is that the inotify calls do not work, inotify is used to notice changes in filesystems and used to automatically add or delete files from the database. Thats a pity, don't know yet if I can resolve that without a kernel recompile (intofy was enabled in the kernel config file ...mmm whats wrong here.
If this can not be solved then it means that you need to restart the server and rebuild the media database if you have added any files to the directories it scans and you want those to show up on your client. That can be a little time and cpu consuming if you have many files.
The minidlna server is recognized by windows 7 and my TV as DLNA server and streams ok so far (pictures, video and music tested but not all file types yet tested)

I'd like to get this working. Have you created an ipkg for this? The latest I see is from 04/2009. If you haven't, i'd suggest making an ipkg and posting it to the http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optwa ... oss/stable, I'm sure many people would appreciate this as well.

I'm curious of the difference between this and uShare. Have you tried uShare? I've found it to be a bit of a resource and memory hog, but still much better than the built in PCast server. Unfortunately it's really basic and apparently not maintained any more. Have to create a cron job to refresh the shares on uShare as well. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm 

joesc wrote:
fvdw wrote:

I'd like to get this working. Have you created an ipkg for this? The latest I see is from 04/2009. If you haven't, i'd suggest making an ipkg and posting it to the http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optwa ... oss/stable, I'm sure many people would appreciate this as well.

I'm curious of the difference between this and uShare. Have you tried uShare? I've found it to be a bit of a resource and memory hog, but still much better than the built in PCast server. Unfortunately it's really basic and apparently not maintained any more. Have to create a cron job to refresh the shares on uShare as well. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I did not do much more work on it yet other then testing it with streaming jpg's, mp3 and mpg files. That worked ok on my client in windows 7 and on my client in a Philips LCD TV.
PS I tried that ipkg version you are referring to before compiling it myself. But that one didn't work on my spd8020. The binary as compiled by me using the source code is clearly different from that ipkg version, its somewhat bigger and...it works.
I have no intention to make an ipkg of it as I do not know how to do that and it requires other packages as well and some sym links to get it working. But probably I will include it in my next firmware release
I could post the compiled binary.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 am 

fvdw wrote:

I did not do much more work on it yet other then testing it with streaming jpg's, mp3 and mpg files. That worked ok on my client in windows 7 and on my client in a Philips LCD TV.
PS I tried that ipkg version you are referring to before compiling it myself. But that one didn't work on my spd8020. The binary as compiled by me using the source code is clearly different from that ipkg version, its somewhat bigger and...it works.
I have no intention to make an ipkg of it as I do not know how to do that and it requires other packages as well and some sym links to get it working. But probably I will include it in my next firmware release
I could post the compiled binary.

Posting the binary would be great! Does the binary include all the dependencies?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm 

this are the library it will need:

Code:
~ # ldd /usr/bin/minidlna
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40020000)
        libexif.so.12 => /usr/lib/libexif.so.12 (0x40039000)
        libjpeg.so.62 => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 (0x40072000)
        libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0 (0x40098000)
        libavformat.so.52 => /usr/lib/libavformat.so.52 (0x400ec000)
        libid3tag.so.0 => /usr/lib/libid3tag.so.0 (0x40189000)
        libFLAC.so.8 => /usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8 (0x401a1000)
        libvorbis.so.0 => /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0 (0x401eb000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x4021f000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40232000)
        libogg.so.0 => /usr/lib/libogg.so.0 (0x40347000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40000000)
        libm.so.6 => /opt/lib/libm.so.6 (0x40353000)
        libavcodec.so.51 => /opt/lib/libavcodec.so.51 (0x40402000)
        libavutil.so.49 => /opt/lib/libavutil.so.49 (0x407e2000)
        libdl.so.2 => /opt/lib/libdl.so.2 (0x407f8000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x40803000)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 22 Next