Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:43 pm 

mindbender wrote:
ok, i will get in contact with the buffalo guys. thats something that needs to be fixed...pretty bad performance of buffalo.

Thanks for this mindbender and I hope you are able to have more luck than myself and the other people in the same situation at getting a reply (and if you do please let us know what they say :) ). All I would want to know is that something is actually happening at the other end of this order and if there was going to be an exceptionally long delay then just to be notified. As it stands for all I know the money could have just been taken as part of an automated system and the order is sat on some system that nobody uses anymore. As mentioned I tried 2 buffalo contact addresses and not had a single reply from either. I even tried my local (uk) buffalo contact address last week...and guess what, no reply from them either ><. Somebody somewhere in Buffalo must have responsibility for this, and a couple of minutes to just reply to an inquiry or mail customers informing there may be a delay surely isn't too much to ask (specially as there is no automated way to cancel orders if you felt you wanted to) ?

As for me, I am being patient ;) and still hoping it just turns up and imagine I will be for a good few weeks yet, it would just be nice to feel that you had placed an order for a product that you knew was going to turn up and roughly when, instead of feeling like you are playing a game of roulette and just hoping you win one...

It might be prudent of them to change the ships in 1 to 2 weeks thing on their webpage if the normal time is 6 weeks though. It's just a shame that some people are probably being put off buying what in the end is a nice product because of numerous posts about lack of contact and long and seemingly unpredictable delivery delays (both here and on the old kurobox forum). A couple of minutes to write a reply would stop a lot of the negative posts relating to this on the forums and probably increase kurobox orders and therefore users which would be a good thing for everyone...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:26 pm 

StuC wrote:
As for me, I am being patient ;) and still hoping it just turns up and imagine I will be for a good few weeks yet, it would just be nice to feel that you had placed an order for a product that you knew was going to turn up and roughly when, instead of feeling like you are playing a game of roulette and just hoping you win one...

Indeed. I'll too be patient and reserve judgment until something tangible comes to light.
StuC wrote:
It might be prudent of them to change the ships in 1 to 2 weeks thing on their webpage if the normal time is 6 weeks though.

That's what worries me. It doesn't appear that anyone is even tending the store and it's just doing what it was programmed to do.

I'd been putting off a HD upgrade in my MacBook Pro for some time now so I wouldn't be doing the data-go-round too many times. It seemed like a great solution to warehouse all the "static" media currently residing on an aging mythtv-0.20 system thereby freeing up the 2 TB drives for use as recording storage groups. The windows box can finally go away and its 300GB is fairly new so it will become mythtv-0.21 boot, OS and mysqldb. But /that/ drive also has media on it. And did I mention the 100GB of RAW photos on the Mac? The Kuro would have made the transition pretty seamless for the purposes of rounding up my media.

I really do want the Kurobox. Honestly. But my patience is begin to wear. I bought a TB external today and guess I'll just boot each machine to a rescue disk and grab all the relevant partitions. Another layer of work but I can't wait any longer. Well, maybe one more day. Come on Revo/Buffalo. Just give us a sign.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:11 am 

Update:

The following arrived last night from PayPal:

Quote:
Revolution by Buffalo (sales@revogear.com) has issued you a full or partial
refund for your payment.

Message from merchant:
Our apologies, this is currently out of stock. More will arrive in first week
of May.

It's nice to finally know what is going on, though cancelling the order a week before new stock is due to arrive after holding on to it for almost a month before they realised they were out of stock is a bit annoying. It will mean that if I still want one (which I do) I will have to order again after a week and end up paying more because the exchange rate is worse... Oh well, at least I finally know what the situation is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:27 pm 

Well, my order is still out in the ether. I'll keep y'all posted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:29 pm 

meatwad wrote:
Well, my order is still out in the ether. I'll keep y'all posted.

I guess if it wasn't a general thing that one of the contact forms/emails I filled in (buffalo US and UK contact forms) probably ended up getting through to someone ... shame they decided to just cancel the order instead of just saying they had stock due in early may as all I asked for on those forms was some indication of what was going on, not that I wished to cancel.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:53 pm 

It is an unfortunate situation with their customer service. Well, atleast you got your money back. I must've been lucky to snag one in late March.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:03 pm 

Interesting thing it's that in revogear.com start to sell them again :SS and now what to do??? with this feedback you report.. I am thinking so well before doing a step forward ....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:29 am 

soundwave wrote:
It is an unfortunate situation with their customer service. Well, atleast you got your money back. I must've been lucky to snag one in late March.

Hmm. You ring a little negative here. I was hoping for more positive vibes like STuC has maintained. I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt that this (Revo) is not their primary responsibility and regular work (Buffalo) has consumed the time they'd allocated to Revogear. If there are any mythtv types listening, this is exactly what happened with the free Tribune Media Services Data Direct listing services. The guy championing and supporting it from Tribune Media is a great guy. Corporate couldn't justify the expenditure from a business perspective, cut his time and ended the services. Fortunately, TMS gave enough notice for an incredible team of OSS developers from several projects form a 501c and not only take over the service (with TMS's cooperation) but improve upon it.

If Buffalo gets around to reading this thread, they'll see that they have a demand for the Kuro line and may opt to reallocate resources. I'd certainly like to see that happen. This is OSS-land. If the community always felt the glass was half empty...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:01 am 

Quote:
Buffalo gets around to reading this thread, they'll see that they have a demand for the Kuro line and may opt to reallocate resources. I'd certainly like to see that happen. This is OSS-land. If the community always felt the glass was half empty...

I really would like people from revogear.com to read this thread also... Probably they will change their way in the shippment time and communication...

But anyway I am nof feeling that Kuro is a "mass-product", but the important thing is, if the people start to have bad experience with them can affect to their "mass-products" sells... But anyway I don't really want neither to be negative, so I think those issues will be solved in the future... And everybody (including myself of course ;) ) who wants one of those nice machines will be able to adquire it.... So time will tell...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:27 pm 

Received today:

Quote:
<http://www.revogear.com/Default.asp>

Hello Cy,

Your order has shipped. (Order#: 65XX placed on 4/8/2008)

# To track your package visit the following link:
https://www.revogear.com/orderdetails.asp?OrderID=65XX
# You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice

*Thanks again for shopping at Revolution by Buffalo!*
Visit us anytime at http://www.revogear.com/

Not my most pleasant ecommerce experience, but now we know there is a pulse at Revo.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:47 am 

That makes it all the more annoying that they decided to refund the money just a few days before they got them in stock, and I can only assume had they not one would be shipping by now since I ordered about a week before that...

I had to resubmit my order and no doubt dropped to the back of the queue again and have to start the merry process over again. I must be a glutton for punishment...

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:05 pm 
Total Newbie

I just ordered a Pro a couple days ago (4/30/08) -- if only I'd seen this thread before I ordered :). You guys had me worried on the first page, but at least it sounds like things are alive (or at least undead) on Buffalo's end. Out of curiosity, Meatwad: you ordered one in late March/early April? I'm just wondering how long I need to hold together my old file server with band-aids and duct-tape...

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 am 

Placed the order on April 4th. I went forward with the MythTV rebuild but will definitely wait for the Kuro to do the laptop upgrade. My lightroom gallerys/filesystem are a complete wreck and the Kuro will make the transition go smoother.

Still haven't received the Kuro but the shipment notification arrived only three days ago. It should be here in a few days and I'll update the thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:32 am 

Well I have to say they have caught me a little by suprise... I resubmitted my order and was preparing to wait a month or so before I saw any sign of anything happening.

Yet this morning one arrived :) I haven't received a shipping email and the website still says pending but I am happy enough. I just need to sort out a HD and plug adaptor now seeing I thought I would have a little more warning about when it was going to turn up :)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:59 pm 
Total Newbie

In case anyone's curious, mine showed up this morning. Buffalo lives!