so I wish good luck to StuC, and please if you get any answer or news from Revogear / Buffalo Revolution, I will be very grateful to you if you post them ... Thanks a lot...
I'm afraid I have no further news, another week has now passed still no sign of anything happening with my order, no reply from the john@revogear email address and no reply from the main buffalo sales contact form for NAS devices (which claim to reply within 48hours). I have to say this sort of customer service is terrible and I would have a hard time recommending buffalo products to anyone now, not because of any problem with the products themselves, just because of the complete lack of any sort of customer support.
So far this has been my experience:
1. Placed order 2nd April 08
2. Buffalo took money 2nd April 08 (website states this should be within 48 hours of shipping)
3. 1 week on, no sign of anything happening, the kuroBox forum appears inactive, the security certificate for the site is out of date and #2 above make me think maybe they stopped actively running the site and just the automatic procedures were left in place to take the money etc without anyone actually completing the orders.
4. Sent email to John@revogear.com
(9th April 08)(the contact/customer service address given on the webpage) just asking for confirmation that the site was still active and orders would be processed eventually.
5. Another week passes, no reply from the support email address or sign of progress with the order. I try and register on the KuroBox forum ... but the automated account confirmation emails don't work. I try emailing the address given on revogear.com for issues regarding the forum to see if something is up with them (email@example.com
) ... email is unable to be delivered to that address.
6. I find this forum and sign up, I also fill in a query on the contact section of the main buffalo website to try and find out if their revolutions product division is still in operation and if orders are being completed from the revogear.com site (15th April) - they claim to reply within 48 hours.
7. Another week passes and I find myself here again without a single thing I can report. Over 3 weeks now and I have been completely unable to get a response from buffalo/revolutions of any sort.
If anyone knows of any email address at buffalo where I might have a chance of actually getting a reply please let me know. I'm happy to wait a bit longer but there will have to be some point at which, with no contact from them, I will have to look to the credit card company to try and recover the money. Stating that money will only be taken 48 hours before shipping then holding it for perhaps a month or more without taking any action and being seemingly totally un contactable has to be verging on being fraudulent.
(They would certainly fail a number of parts of the distance selling regulations we have here in the Uk, though I have no idea of the equivalent US customer protections (mainly timely contact and right to cancel, though once they reach 30 days without customer notification of delay and payback of anything they have already charged they would have been failing that too).
I'm still just hoping it will eventually turn up though, it's a bit of a shame that their customer service (or lack of it) is putting quite a damper on a device which I was really looking forward to getting my hands on...