Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 pm 
Total Newbie

I have added the Linkstation Pro Duo to the Active Directory, I can confirm its added and when I click on Domain Users, it loads the list. I enter who I want to have access, change them to Read/Write, however when I try going to the folder, it still asks for user/pass, and none of them work. The only thing that works period, is the local admin account. Is there a setting or permissions I also need to give in Active Directory?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 pm 
Total Newbie

I have a similar issue. The terastation had been set up and all fine as far as I can tell. We migrated from AD 2000 (elevated to 2003). AD seems to be ok. Still have the primary old DC online and it is in the mix with the 2 now 2012 DCs. In TeraStation it has the old DC and I can't change it. Whenever I try to make changes, it complains that I can't contact the domain, or bad user name or pw.
Jan 28 13:22:30 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] SMB status was changed
Jan 28 13:22:30 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Change value : info.domain=ad
Jan 28 13:22:30 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Change value : info.wg=mydomain
Jan 28 13:22:30 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Change value : info.ad_dns=mydomain
Jan 28 13:22:30 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Change value : info.pdc=DCName
Jan 28 13:22:30 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Change value : info.wins=
Jan 28 13:22:33 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Trying to join domain...
Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'mydomain' over rpc: Logon failure
Jan 28 13:22:34 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] Failed to join domain
Jan 28 13:24:54 Cadmium TeraStation[32646]: [Web] SMB status was changed

Also, even though all the domain users are listed, none can logon through the browser.

How can I fix this issue? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 pm 
Total Newbie

Found a promising post on experts exchange, but not sure I want to go through with it. Suggestion is to set it as a Workgroup, delegate authentication to an external SMB server, use Windows DC as authentication server, enable automatic user registration and enable authentication in a shared folder. All set to pull the trigger when dialog box told me all local passwords would be gone and local users become external...and CANNOT BE REVERSED. I don't want to find myself where I have no admin account to manage the box with.

I think security with server 2012 doesn't want to recognize TeraStation. Another post suggested local security policy allowing reversion to NTLM. Another had me enable network discovery in network settings. Interestingly, I was not able to have that change stick--probably a GPO somewhere.

Stuck with getting this operational. Any help greatly appreciated.