Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

FYI, I have had problems with my serial port on my Kuro HG. When running without a serial cable connected it would hang during boot due to garbage being received on the serial console. The port had the resistor moved from r75 to r76. This left the port free top float when the serial cable was not connected. The fast repair was to move the resistor at r76 back to its original position at r75 and simply bridging r76 with a short piece of wire. IN SHORT, ALL THAT IS NECESSARY TO GET 2 WAY SERIAL COMMUNICATION ON THE KURO HG, HD, AND PPC LINKSTATIONS IS TO BRIDGE THE CONTACTS FOR THE SERIES RESISTOR AT R76.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:20 am 
Site Admin

isn`t this exactly what i did on 2 LS1s, 1 HS and 2 HGs?

note: i never moved any resistor...i always only soldered a bridge. moving the resistor was far beyond my soldering skills.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

I believe it is. I just made this post because the wiki says you have to move the resistor. I didn't have time to update the wiki page. Bridging the resistor is actually better than moving the resistor.