Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:38 pm 

Hi, I have an intermittent fault connecting to the LS-WXL782 drive with my Windows 7 desktop computer. The Buffalo unit is set up as Raid 1 and has been running without problems for 6 months. A few days ago I restricted access to the NAS drive - as I am now shared the Internet. All went fine until I logged in the next day. I was unable to access any of my data on the NAS from my desktop - my LG cinema system (via ethernet cable) and another W7 laptop (Wifi) could access all of the data. I updated the firmware on the NAS drive re booted - I was still unable to access data from my desktop - all others still have access. I did a complete power down, waited 30 seconds and booted up, I was able to access the data. Today after boot up I have been reading and writing to the NAS drive, and then at lunch time, although the NAS is still shown on the Network, none of the folders show. I have tried the 'power down' and am still unable to access the NAS from the desktop. No updates or new programs were installed today. I would grateful for any suggestions to solve my problem - Thanks Doc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:06 pm 

It seems strange answering my own post, but after telephone Buffalo support - They told me that the cable supplied with the unit 'The flat one' was unsuitable for running the NAS storage unit. I have changed the cable for a standard patch cable and the problem has gone away - for now. This does not explain why the NAS storage has been working for months or the fact that my laptop and my cinema system could access the NAS when my W7 desktop could not.
Doc

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:53 am 
Total Newbie

I have lots of topics to talk like this.