Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm 
Total Newbie

Hello there -

I just bought a Buffalo Linkstation (hs-dh500gl) from craigslist and it appeared to work find at the person's house but when I got home and attempted to use it I couldn't......after calling tech support we tried to load the new firmware on it and we got an ACP_STATE_FAILURE. They told me that I had a brick and that there was nothing they could do to help me.

I obviously wasn't satisfied with that answer and started searching and I found acp_commander.jar which I thought might do the trick.

Unfortunately I am completly not technical, but I didn't want to let that stop me from trying....so here is what I have done so far:

1. I downloaded and ran acp_commander.jar using the -o -cb options. It appeared to have fun successfully and I was able to telnet to the drive and log in, but when I attempted to re-run the firmware updated I got the ACP_STATE_FAILURE (HS-DHGL-EM644) error again.

2. It appears as though my /boot is not completely full, as was the case with a few of the discussions i read. I am sitting at about 87% usage (81% in / and 6% in /boot)

3. There were files in my /boot (i'm not sure if the -cb was supposed to empty it)

I have found a few discussions that required some linux knowledge (which I do not have). Is there a layman's guide for what to do?

I'm sorry to ask a question that I sure has been answered many times, as the ACP_STATE_FALIURE appears to be common, but I can't seem to get it to work after following the steps I was able to understand. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank-you!