Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:33 am 

Hi All,

I have got a little confusion regarding my devices' name or better identification.
Maybe Buffalo will not change my box :( and therefore I'am going ahead to look for a solution on myself in parallel. First step would be to know excatly, which type of device I have got.

Looking at the overview, I have got a TeraStation or TeraStation HomeServer (the case is the one my device has got). But there are some details, which do not fit together:

1) Due to the overview, both TeraStation versions do NOT have a GigaBit network interface - my device has one, I'm pretty sure.
2) It says "HD-HTGL" for the original TeraStation, and "HS-DTGL/R5" for the Home Server version. But my device is labeled with "HD-H1.0 TGL/R5", which is a mixture of the above ones. Assuming that the "1.0" is just the available disk space in total, it would be a "HD-HTGL/R5".

My box runs (it did, when it worked :-) ) in RAID5 mode. I guess the "R5" label is stating that the box is able to be configured in RAID5 mode.

Maybe there was a kind uf upgrade for the original TeraStation, which enables it to run RAID5 and Buffalo did spent a GigaBit network interface?

Thanks for any clarification ;-)
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

The 1.0 specifies it is a 1TB device and yes, the home server version has gigabit ethernet too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

its easy to distinguish both from each other. the HS features a mediaserver, the original terastation does not.

from the hardware point of view they are identical.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:58 pm 

Actually they both have a media server (PCast), but the Home Server also has the DNLA Compliant Mediabolic media server :)

One small external distinguishing factor is that the Home Server has a a small Red HS logo at the bottom right of the front panel. Also its model number would start with HS.

From the other discussions I would say that raven has the original TeraStation, not the Home Server variant.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:07 pm 

Hi Guys,

thanks for clarifications ;-)

I again double-checked, that the label on the box says H D-H1.0 TGL/R5. It does. Furthermore, it does not show such red logo on the front panel.

So, we can agree with itimpi - it is a original TeraStation, but with a gigabit network interface and RAID5 enabled :-)

In case you are updating this page for what reason ever, you may update the hardware details for the TS/HS, too.

Cheers
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

updated wiki page.