Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm 
Total Newbie

Hello all, first post on the boards so I would like to say hello to all and thanks for the people that make this forum work.

Now on to the problem at hand, I have an old NAS that we have been using to back up info, it works ok if used on the same sub net, but now that I need to access it from a different sub net, I can't see it.

The problem is that the NAS loses it's gateway IP, while the unit has this IP I can see it with no problems. If I restart the unit it will take the ip from the DHCP and stay there for a couple of hours, after that it will go blank. If I configure it manually, the same thing will happen, it will stay there for a couple of hours and then it will go blank.

This is what I've tried until now:

Update to 1.04
Restore to factory settings
Search this forum and saint google. I found an old topic of a person with the same issue on this forum, but there was no follow up or answers, I could've replied there but thought the thread was too old, so I decided to open a new one, here's the link: "http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3433"

Have any of you had this problem before? and if so, can you point me in the right direction to fix this odd problem.

BTW, I have around 6 buffalo NAS units of different versions, none have had this behavior.

Thanks in advance for your help people :)