Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 am 
Offline
Total Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:07 am
Posts: 4
Location: United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been using the forum extensively over the past few weeks - thanks to everybody who has posted for the useful info.

I have a Terastation HS-DTGL/R5 with 4x250Gb WD drives. I appear to have bricked it by trying to use rsync to push files to it while it was mounted as a CIFS share on a Netgear ReadyNas NV+. It worked ok fetching files from the Terastation to the ReadyNas but broke trying to do it the other way round. Left me with an apparently unfixable raid5 array. Wouldn't repair or delete. All four red leds flashing.

So, following various threads and using itimpi's great web site, after a couple of false starts, I managed to "upflash" to v2.14 found here: http://downloads.nas-central.org/Users/ ... S_214d.zip and get telnet, myroot and ssh running. Now, when I try to manage the raid config (delete or set up arrays) using the web interface, I get a web page that I assume is in Japanese with a four digit number and a text box. It seems to try and do what I expect if I enter the number into the text box and click on the smallest of the two buttons on the page (which I assume is the OK button).

Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody know if there's a way to get English pages instead of the Japanese ones so I can read the instructions?

BTW, I'm still trying to revitalise the raid array. Currently waiting for two mirrored arrays to initialise - only 6 hours to go according to the status page (sigh).

Thanks.

Ian


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:22 pm
Posts: 1123
Location: United Kingdom
Follow the instruction from the following wiki article:
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Ter ... to_English


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:46 am 
Offline
Total Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:07 am
Posts: 4
Location: United Kingdom
Thanks, that's a really helpful article.

It's only this one page that shows up in odd characters - gobledegook, not Japanese - I presume it's suffered some sort of corruption somewhere along the line. I think the page with the dodgy text is /www/cgi-bin/html/en/gate_check.html. The rest of the interface is all in English. There seems to be a load of non-English messages hard coded into the associated perl script as well, although they look like they only come to light when there's an error - just when you need a message you can read ;-)

Ian


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:22 pm
Posts: 1123
Location: United Kingdom
I had not realised you ment just that particular page! I guess that I had got used to just knowing what button to press (the left hand one being the equivalent of OK)

However I will look at the particular file you mention and compare it to a revision where the page displays in English. I am guessing that for some reason that page does not have the English one in some firmware revisions due to a Buffalo oversight.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited