Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:14 am 
Total Newbie

Hi,

I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with.

My Vista PC recently gave up the ghost (HDD failure) and so I've replaced it with a Macbook Pro.

I'm having trouble logging into the Buffalo Linkstation LS-CH1.0 to view the files in their folders. I can log into the web server as admin and make sure all the folders are accessible to Apple and that all the user names and passwords are as expected. However when i load the mac NAS navigator 2 and try to access the drive I get asked for a login and password which, no matter which user I try to enter, will log in.

Any ideas?

When running on Vista I would have the NAS on auto. What i found frustrating was having to log into the NAS each time it fired up once the laptop was on. Is this just how it works or is there a way to automatically log into the drive once it's fired up? I wonder if this is related to the above question as well.

Also, i sent the old HDD off to be recovered as much as possible and i gave the technician a USB HDD which I was using as a backup to the NAS. The tech came back and said it would take him longer to copy the data as the USB drive had a Mac partition on it. This seems really strange as I set it up under windows and used the NAS backup tools and could access the files etc fine on the old vista machine. What could have I done wrong there?

Thanks for reading

Adam