Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:10 pm 
Total Newbie

Cannot access LinkStation after replacing DSL modem. LinkStation Firmware 2.11.

I am trying to access the LinkStation from inside the house (Intranet) and NOT from outside the house (Internet).

Two computer can access LinkStation using existing drive mappings. (Windows 7 and Windows 8)

One computer can only access and administer Buffalo NAS via Admin software via IP address in Internet browser, but not access existing mapped shares. (Windows 8), this computer has error message dialog box. "Restoring Network Connection - An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \\HS-XXXXNNX\share Microsoft Windows Network: The network path was not found." This connection has not been restored. This computer also does not allow new mapping to the LinkStation. I can access and administer the ADSL modem from this computer as well via the wen browser.

Windows work group has not changed.

LinkStation was/is using the standard network port on the old and new ADSL modems. Old ADSL Modem was 2Wire new is Netgear B90-755025-15.

I cannot seem to find any configuration in the ADSL modem that would retard or enhance the NAS connectivity.

Any ideas?

Discovery after I wrote this. I can map with the LinkStation DHCP assigned IP address \\192.168.1.133\share but it still will not map with the LinkStation name.
Found another Error message dialog box. "Restoring Network Connection - An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \\HS-XXXXNNX\share Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:33 am 

The last error message "means", you already connected a device to "Z:"
and therefore it is no longer available.
Try to use a different letter for connecting or do a "net use" on a win
command line to get information about the already used letters.

If there is no verified backup of a dataset, the dataset, by definition, is unimportant. (c't 2012)

RAID (no matter which level) never ever substitutes a backup. (me)