Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:34 pm 
Total Newbie

I have a LinkStation 200. I have been using web access as well as access via my phone app, and I have had no problems. Suddenly today, I cannot access the server through either web access or the phone app.
When attempting to access through http://BuffaloNAS.com, I type in the name and the browser returns an error, "Web Access Not Available" as if I am not connected to the internet. The IP address shown in the URL is the correct IP address
When attempting to access through the phone app, I see my server, then click on it, but it returns the error, "Unable to connect to network."

A couple of other points:
- I can access within my network with no problem
- I pinged the IP address with no problem

I am definitely connected on my phone and computer (otherwise I would not be able to type on this web site). I used the phone app with no problems last night. Since then, I did have to unplug my modem because of problems with Comcast - could that have thrown something off?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:26 pm 
Total Newbie

I had the same problem today. Then I went to the settings on the server through the Buffalo NAS Navigator and saw that, while "WebAccess" was "On," it showed it as "Disabled." No idea how it got that way - used it yesterday with no problems and have not changed settings since then.
I could not figure out how to enable it, so I just turned WebAccess to "Off" then back to "On," and went in to edit settings and save them (I didn't change any settings, I just saved what was already there). I figured I would try that as a kind of "reset" - seemed to work fine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:50 pm 
Total Newbie

Apparently, their Buffalonas Webaccess portal DOES NOT WORK. I was able to log into my NAS from outside by finding my external IP and adding the port I opened to the address. That works fine. Their useless portal sends you to a WRONG IP address. Do it that way, once setup, find out your External IP on a site like Whatsmyip.com and when outside your network, login to that ip colon the port you opened ex. 173.23.63.13:9000 and you'll get to a page where you can login to your NAS