Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 pm 
Offline
Regular Member

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:49 am
Posts: 295
I get the impression you're trying to run before you can walk.

1) try the Wiki and read it... It really is very good - everything I have picked up was pretty much from there and a few posts and responses here.. but Wiki first (really)

2) Make your first Optware install something like Midnight Commander - it makes file operations so much easier. Its always my first Optware install - "ipkg install mc" - it also can be used to edit txt files.

If all that is too much hang fire... a bit.. Hopefully when Stevie is back from his "holiday" we'll revisit his firmware and we might get something like it pre-packaged with Optware. Personally I'd pre-package with NZBget as it so much kicks SABnzbd's butt on a low power machine.

_________________
Geeky blog at http://www.methanoid.blogspot.com :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:40 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:14 pm
Posts: 26
Methanoid,
Thanks and thanks for the tip on how to get rid of the root password. It was in the wiki but you made it clearer on what I needed to do. I hope Stevie will be able to add that to his great firmware. I just wanted to try and set it up myself. I did read the first thread on how to install nzbget and I followed each step. However when I get to the part to edit the config file, I get lost. I read to use the example config file from the link included. I did but couldn't figure out how to get the file into the /opt/etc/ folder.

I tried to use putty and copy and paste the whole config file into putty after opening the file with the vi 'edit' command. I just get this error about overload and it seems to crash putty.

I then tried to save the file directly from a windows explorer window and was given an error saying the folder is not found.

Is there a way to use WinSCP and edit and save a file from there? I will try Midnight Commander next.

I am a new to Linux so it takes me awhile to figure out what is doing what.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:10 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 pm
Posts: 6
Could anyone post the postprocessing scripts ?

Cant seem to get unpak.sh working correctly, it doesnt rename my movies/tv stuff.

Also i'm using http://code.google.com/p/leechr/ on my lspro. Works very nice, set it up as a cronjob, and never search for an episode again :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 pm 
Offline
Regular Member

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:49 am
Posts: 295
n3n wrote:
Could anyone post the postprocessing scripts ?

Cant seem to get unpak.sh working correctly, it doesnt rename my movies/tv stuff.

Also i'm using http://code.google.com/p/leechr/ on my lspro. Works very nice, set it up as a cronjob, and never search for an episode again :)


never used either.. always used ydrol's script.. Google it.. dont have to hand

_________________
Geeky blog at http://www.methanoid.blogspot.com :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:30 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 pm
Posts: 6
Hi Methanoid, i meant the script that someone has changed to work on an lspro. Been getting some errors.

ps. unpak.sh is ydrol's script i think.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 am 
Offline
Regular Member

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:49 am
Posts: 295
n3n wrote:
Hi Methanoid, i meant the script that someone has changed to work on an lspro. Been getting some errors.

ps. unpak.sh is ydrol's script i think.


"Some errors" and "you think" - well that couldnt be vaguer if you tried... :(

Unpak might be Ydrol but it wasn't written for a LS but for a PopcornHour... Try the other script he wrote. You need to Google for NZBget and Ydrol and look at his original script. I am NOT gonna do this for you.. you really need to make some effort yourself ;)

_________________
Geeky blog at http://www.methanoid.blogspot.com :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:06 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 pm
Posts: 6
Hi Methanoid,

I was hoping someone could send me his/hers modified script. As i posted above it doesnt rename my files according to the script.

Tnx for your help anyway..


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 15
have a look here :shock: http://prodynamic.co.uk/nzbget/nzbget.html :shock:

I use the postprocessing one, and not the unpak.sh. It does state its for linux :p I have modded it to generate the history file that was given out on the nzbget forum.

I don't have it to hand so you'll need to get it for yourself.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:22 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:57 pm
Posts: 15
n3n if you give us some error details we might be able to help, it might be something simple thats not script related.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:05 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 pm
Posts: 6
Hi Supergills,

That was the weird thing, it didnt give any errors, it just didnt rename the files correctly (with the catalog.sh). Ill try the housekeeper version, and will look for anyther solution for renaming the stuff. Been using the leechr for tv downloads, and that automatically renames the files according to a tv website, so I only need to find an imdb rename script.

Tnx for the help.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:42 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:29 pm
Posts: 10
After buying a 320Gb Linkstation Live (v1) from ebay recently, I decided to try moving my nntp downloading from my energy thirsty htpc. I followed Neils howto (cheers!), and after some head scrathing, and lots of googling, I've managed to get it all working. Its been ten years since I was working with vi lol but I was determined not to throw the towel in or ask for advice unless it was really necessary.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the unpak.sh script - I cant get it anywhere! Lordys website is down, so I was wondering if any kind souls would post it?

Thanks guys :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 pm 
Offline
Regular Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:06 pm
Posts: 129
ironjaw wrote:
After buying a 320Gb Linkstation Live (v1) from ebay recently, I decided to try moving my nntp downloading from my energy thirsty htpc. I followed Neils howto (cheers!), and after some head scrathing, and lots of googling, I've managed to get it all working. Its been ten years since I was working with vi lol but I was determined not to throw the towel in or ask for advice unless it was really necessary.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the unpak.sh script - I cant get it anywhere! Lordys website is down, so I was wondering if any kind souls would post it?

Thanks guys :D


I would start with the default nzbget one. For some reason, the distribution for the cs05q3armel doesn't come with it, so download another version (x86 maybe) and extract it from that.
I use the basic script from nzbget 0.7 as it does the job and also lets you change the postprocessing options -- most other scripts don't.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:50 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:29 pm
Posts: 10
neilt0 wrote:
ironjaw wrote:
After buying a 320Gb Linkstation Live (v1) from ebay recently, I decided to try moving my nntp downloading from my energy thirsty htpc. I followed Neils howto (cheers!), and after some head scrathing, and lots of googling, I've managed to get it all working. Its been ten years since I was working with vi lol but I was determined not to throw the towel in or ask for advice unless it was really necessary.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is the unpak.sh script - I cant get it anywhere! Lordys website is down, so I was wondering if any kind souls would post it?

Thanks guys :D


I would start with the default nzbget one. For some reason, the distribution for the cs05q3armel doesn't come with it, so download another version (x86 maybe) and extract it from that.
I use the basic script from nzbget 0.7 as it does the job and also lets you change the postprocessing options -- most other scripts don't.


Cheers Neil, I tried one of the other x86 builds earlier but it seems they don't come with the .sh file. I downloaded the version 0.7 mips release and it has an example script in it. So I shall get back to notepad and get configuring:)

This is the first step of my grand plan to transform my htpc into an unraid server, while having a lighter client front end. Your 16tb build post on the other forums has inspired me somewhat!

Thanks for your help,

Andrew


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 pm 
Offline
Regular Member

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:06 pm
Posts: 129
ironjaw wrote:
This is the first step of my grand plan to transform my htpc into an unraid server, while having a lighter client front end. Your 16tb build post on the other forums has inspired me somewhat!


Nice! That's what I did too -- although I had to get a bigger case, of course!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 am 
Offline
Total Newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:13 am
Posts: 2
Anybody got SSL up and running on this config? I keep on getting Connection refused (111)... :(


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited