Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:54 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi
Can anyone please help? I have a 3TB Linkstation live which has been used as a Time Machine backup destination for a Macbook. All was working well until recently when Time Machine stopped working as the Macbook couldn't see the NAS.
Looking at the NAS there is a constant blue flashing light on the front - also I can't connect to the NAS or ping it.
I have installed the NAS Navigator software but it won't see the NAS at all, so I can't even get onto it to reset it.

Does anyone know how I can access the NAS and hopefully reset it without losing the Time Machine backups? There are no buttons to press on the NAS itself (Bad move IMHO) so I can't even reset it.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 am 

Please translate it an post it here:
http://forum.nas-hilfe.de/buffalo-technology-nas-anleitungen/blaues-blinken-datenrettung-von-einer-durch-stromausfall-nicht-mehr-ansprechbaren-ls-chlv2-t1849.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:32 am 
Total Newbie

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I have taken a look at the link you sent me and translated it (although it doesn't seem to translate very well).
I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. From the link it looks like I need to remove the hard disk from the Linkstation and then run some linux tools / commands on it to erase certain partitions and then reflash the drive.

Is this correct?? If so it seems a little bit annoying that I have to do this, just because the Linkstation has got corrupt. To be honest, the instructions in the link you supplied seem a little bit confusing.

I really need to make sure that the Time Machine data isn't lost. So is there a process for copying the Time Machine backups to another PC first, before start to reflash the drive? I am running Linux on my PC and am quite used to working with it, so any clearer instructions you may have would be welcomed.

Many thanks once again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:56 pm 

read
Quote:
12) Optional - Ein Backup der Daten anlegen