Can you get magnum setup with a good binary or does anyone have a good uboot for magnum to have. I used the one I ripped from my lsp when it was working. We really need to get a few more people through this so we can hard down the process.
I just successfully got thru the jtag flashing process. I used the openocd tarball that was loaded to the downloads section.http://buffalo.nas-central.org/download/AL ... -lspro.tgz
Here's a few points from my experience.
(1) When compiling openocd from the tarball, use all the "--enable_parport" options when running configure (if you are using a wiggler cable)
(2) When connecting my wiggler cable, I had problems running openocd, as my gound connection was not very strong. All my other connections were good, but make absolutely sure that your ground is the best it can be. After re-connecting my JTAG connections the thrid time openocd started fine.
(3) When running openocd, ignore the "Error: embeddedice.c:190 embeddedice_build_reg_cache(): unknown EmbeddedICE version (comms ctrl: 0x00000018)"
(4) You don't need to be fast to use the "halt" instruction, I pulled the "sRST" low briefly after issuing the halt command, and the system halted just fine as it came up again (sRST is system reset, not JTAG nTRST)
(5) I used the command "flash write 0 lspstock052207.bin 0xfffc0000" (not "load_image lspstock052207.bin 0xfffc0000")
Thank you all for the tarball and for the comments on this thread!
Good luck magnum! You just need to get a successful halt, probe the flash, erase the flash, and finally write the flash (use the "lspstock052207.bin" file in the tarball).
I'm buying all the bricks on eBay now!!