Buffalo NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Linkstation Wiki community
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:34 pm 

Success!

Folks, if you are having ANY trouble trying to get the PS3 to see Twonky, then try with an Ethernet connection to the PS3 instead of Wireless. Have no idea why, but it works on Ethernet for me but not on WiFi. Can someone add that to the Wiki/first page?

Im running v2.80 PS3 Firmware, and Twonky 4.4.18 (for the LS Pro even though its a LS Live v1) as PeeBee posted a couple posts above (http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/ ... 4.4.18.zip) and everything is fine via Ethernet !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:21 pm 

i am a "little" bit confused at the moment..

Is 4.4.18 newer version that 4.4.6?

ordinarily (at least in my world), 4.4.18 means 4.4.1.8 so when 4.4.9 gets +1 version, its 4.5.0

i really dont like the lack of documentation on this app, does anyone have links or text-files to share?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:03 pm 

It is definitely newer than 4.4.6 as it is 4.4.18 not 4.4.1.8.

None of the builds between 4.4.6 and 4.4.18 work on the LS Pro - they work on the Live as long as PCast is left running.

I agree with you on the documentation front - there is info for the PC versions but nothing for NAS. Understandable as it is not supported, but they still expect you to pay the same amount for it.

The best info is in this thread and in http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Two ... ediaServer.

PB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 am 

Pls help me out:
- I installed Twonky 4.4.18 sucessfully on my LS-CL EZ.
- The LS-CL is connected to my ADSL modem/router, IP: 192.168.1.100
- My notebook and my Buffalo LinkTheatre is connect to Wifi router (which is connected to ADSL Modem/Router), and get IP address in the range of 192.168.2.xxx
- I can browse content/admin and configure from my computer using http://192.168.1.100:9000, but my LinkTheatre can't find Twonky server.

Do I have to make sure that Twonky Server and Linktheatre must in the same IP range? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:11 pm 

thangnh wrote:
Pls help me out:
- I installed Twonky 4.4.18 sucessfully on my LS-CL EZ.
- The LS-CL is connected to my ADSL modem/router, IP: 192.168.1.100
- My notebook and my Buffalo LinkTheatre is connect to Wifi router (which is connected to ADSL Modem/Router), and get IP address in the range of 192.168.2.xxx
- I can browse content/admin and configure from my computer using http://192.168.1.100:9000, but my LinkTheatre can't find Twonky server.

Do I have to make sure that Twonky Server and Linktheatre must in the same IP range? Thanks.

Can you open up the subnet masks from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0?

Funny, I've just answered a similar question the same way on the Twonky Forum!

PB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:17 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi all...

I have successfully installed Twonky 4.4.18 on my LS-LIVE 1TB

All i want to do is stream mkv files.

Can anyone please tell me what version (if any) support this.

The renaming the file to .wmv does NOT work.

if you have a version that works, pleas ecan you provide a link to it.

regards

Post subject: Twonky V5 on LS Live
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm 
Total Newbie

Hi All, apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find an answer.

I have used a previous version (v4xxx) of Twonky on my LS live for the last couple of years. I use a PS3 to access the media.

I recently installed the latest version (5xxx) but things no longer seem to be working.

This has all woprked previously (as stated above) the media is all the same, (all i did is reinstall Twonky, I didn't touch the LS folders contining my media at all)

My issues:
1) Media files do not appear on the PS3 - some of the folder structures appear, but the end files (mp3's) do not. I have ensured I am sharing the correct folders and that the content type is correct. Furthermore, this doesn't seem to be consistent - sometimes I can see some of the mp3 files (for example when selecting 'All Tracks' - but they are not playable....ie if I click on them nothing appears to happen.

2) Whenever I visit the Twonky config page and viw the 'Sharing' details - the details I have previously saved are no longer present - it resets everything and nothing is shared. I have tried re-adding the shared locations on numerous occassions, saving, restarting server, rebuilding database etc, but everytime i revisit 'Sharing' it defaults back to nothing.

Not sure if these are related.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 pm 

Take a look over at the Twonky forum - there are plenty of posts there fro people struggling with the 5.0.x and 5.1.x versions especially on NAS boxes.

What specific version are you trying?

I have found that 4.4.18 is the best for me on my LS Pro.

PB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 am 
Total Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

5.0.68 is the version I installed. Dodgey.

Have reverted back to 4.4.18 and all is working fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:36 pm 

The problem with the 5.0.x versions is down to the database structure they use - Twonky fills the /var folder with loads of small files and this can fill the small partition that /var is on if you have loads of media files. There are workarounds of sym-linking /var to a new location on the data partition.

The 5.1 versions used a different database structure again and don't have the same isuues as 5.0.x - the 5.1 betas worked but had high CPU usage and the 5.1.1 betas didn't run properly. Georg (of acp_comander fame) has managed to get the latest 5.1.1 released version running well on his development NAS but I haven't tried it yet.

PB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:10 am 
Developer

PeeBee wrote:
...Georg (of acp_comander fame)...
That alone calls for a follower - thank you. ;)

I usually do not use the installer but unzip the archives you can download from twonkymedia manually from the command line.
In my case to /opt/twonky5, where /opt is a symlink to /mnt/disk1/opt. To start twonkymedia you need to call
Code:
/opt/twonky5/twonkymediaserver -appdata /opt/twonky5/var &

The -appdata parameter is important as it moves the database and other media files to /opt/twonky5/var, saving your tiny /var from what PB has described.

The release candidate RC3 http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5.1.1-RC3/ seems to be quite stable, but sometimes my tv doesn't see the server anymore. Restarting it helps.
The recently released final version http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5.1.1/ now running for a couple of days stopped playing in the middle of a movie, then the sever was still visible, but no structure below it. It might be the same issue as for the RC3, restarting the server solved the issue. Apart from that the scan engine has seen some changes and some mp4 files (in avi) containers do not show up in my library anymore.

So for the moment both RC3 and the final version are quite stable, but in my eyes still not as reliable as good old 4.4.18.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:23 pm 
Total Newbie

Hello,

I try to install Twonky (twonkymedia-linkstation-live-5.1.2) on my Linkstation Live LS-CHL (FW 1.07) but I don't have success.

I could install Version 4.4.18 but this doesn't fix my MP3 issue which I have with my Bravia TV.

At teh end of the installation proces I geht the following error message:

</mnt/disk1/share/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky twonkyme 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08

and then:

grep: twonkymedia-server-default.ini: No such file or direktory
cp: cannot stat`/mnt/disk1/share/twonky/twonkymedia-server-default.ini`: NO such file or direktory
root@LS-CHL7AE:~#
starting twonkymedia
sh /et
The server has been started.

The server is installed at /mnt/disk1/share/twonky on your LINKSTATIONLIVE
The autostart script at /etc/init.d/twonky on your LINKSTATIONLIVE
The web interface is at http://192.168.178.23:9000/configpage/index.html

It looks as if the Installation process doesn't copy the twonkymedia-server-default.ini into the Twonky folder. And when I look, it's not there. When I copy it manually and install the Server again, I don't get the errors but the Twonky Process runs as a "ghost" and I can not reach the Webpage.

Is this a known issue with the Version 5.x installer and does anybody know how to fix this??

Thanks a lot, Kind Regadrs
Rengel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:02 pm 
Total Newbie

Hello sorry i'm french ...
I couldn't install Twonky 4.4.18 on my Linkstation Mini, when i use the NASSetup installer !!!
The error message is : "Could not find the network interface"

But i can access to linkstation with Telnet, and my firewall is disabled ...

Help please ...

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 am 

Rengel wrote:
Hello,

I try to install Twonky (twonkymedia-linkstation-live-5.1.2) on my Linkstation Live LS-CHL (FW 1.07) but I don't have success.

I could install Version 4.4.18 but this doesn't fix my MP3 issue which I have with my Bravia TV.

At teh end of the installation proces I geht the following error message:

</mnt/disk1/share/twonky /etc/init.d/twonky twonkyme 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08 0x08

and then:

cp: cannot stat`/mnt/disk1/share/twonky/twonkymedia-server-default.ini`: NO such file or direktory
root@LS-CHL7AE:~#
starting twonkymedia
sh /et
The server has been started.

The server is installed at /mnt/disk1/share/twonky on your LINKSTATIONLIVE
The autostart script at /etc/init.d/twonky on your LINKSTATIONLIVE
The web interface is at http://192.168.178.23:9000/configpage/index.html

It looks as if the Installation process doesn't copy the twonkymedia-server-default.ini into the Twonky folder. And when I look, it's not there. When I copy it manually and install the Server again, I don't get the errors but the Twonky Process runs as a "ghost" and I can not reach the Webpage.

Is this a known issue with the Version 5.x installer and does anybody know how to fix this??

Thanks a lot, Kind Regadrs
Rengel

edj over on the Twonky forum had the same problem and overcame it by running the LS Pro version on his LS Live. See his post here. He still ended up with a zombie process though.

PB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 am 

Hi all, trying to get this working on my Buffalo Terastation II.

I've managed to get telnet etc, and downloaded twonkeymedia-terastation-5.1.1, ran in installer, and everything appeared to go fine, but I cannot access http://192.168.1.xxx:9000

The NASSetup program didn't kick out any errors.

THe last few lines say
The sefver is installed at /mnt/array1/share/twonky on your TERASTATIONPRO.
The autostart script at /etc/init.d/twonky on your TERASATIONPRO
THe web interface is at http://192.168.1.xx:9000/configpage/index.html

When I try to view the webpage, I just get "unable to connect"

Is there something else I'm missing? Do I need to add a license key to Twonky somewhere, or do I have a trial period?

Please help, I've got this far only to be stuck at the final hurdle.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 20 Next